any ideas? i'm stumped....

SCchick3

Sooo if any of you remember, i posted right before I put my car into storage that my blinkers, climate control, firm ride, and my oil life meter (can't think of what its called right now) just stopped working on me a week or two before hibernation. After checking fuses, wires and other random things, still nothing.

The other day I drove out to start it and maybe 3 minutes in my interior lights and headlights began flickering and it all came on working again. Does this sound like a short or ignition issue? I've already replaced the ignition a year or two again when I was having brake issues.

Hope someone can help because i'm not sure which direction to travel in...thanks :D

Sooo if any of you remember, i posted right before I put my car into storage that my blinkers, climate control, firm ride, and my oil life meter (can't think of what its called right now) just stopped working on me a week or two before hibernation. After checking fuses, wires and other random things, still nothing.

The other day I drove out to start it and maybe 3 minutes in my interior lights and headlights began flickering and it all came on working again. Does this sound like a short or ignition issue? I've already replaced the ignition a year or two again when I was having brake issues.

Hope someone can help because i'm not sure which direction to travel in...thanks :D

Do a load test on the battery. A bad cell in a battery can do all kinds of funny things. Its a good place to start

Ken

Brand new battery Ken :( Thank you tho!

I replaced the cylinder I believe that came with a set of keys...

Brand new battery Ken :( Thank you tho!

I replaced the cylinder I believe that came with a set of keys...

I would then try replacing your ignition switch.

I gave some detail in your last thread covering this subject.

The other day I drove out to start it and maybe 3 minutes in my interior lights and headlights began flickering and it all came on working again. Does this sound like a short or ignition issue?

It sounds like the headlight switch to me.

David

4rd

had problem too with those switch!!! just wiggle it mine works like this start the car and after wiggle the key to get accesory working!

Thanks guys, I will add it to my list of parts to buy before spring :) It is greatly appreciated!

And when you buy it pull it out of the box and inspect the build. I have seen some that were about to fall apart even new. The design is suspect and if they do not get the pinches good on it they can fall apart.

I agree with the others on the ignition switch. I noticed several "electrical" issues when I bought my 89 SC. I got out the schematics/factory books and troubleshot with a test light. after about 20 minutes I was off to th eparts store. Bought a Motorcraft ignition switch and about 30 min and $18 later everything was fixed.

Back