Pulley puller/ installer

All you need is a generic 3 jaw pulley puller, and to install just align the pulley and tighten the nut down. It doesn't take any fancy or special tools to change.

ok cool cool thanks for the input. i will try it out as best i can. one more question. what is your opinion on a 7% sc pulley?

ive got a 75mm tb with 76mm maf to run with 42lb injectors 5% jackshaft and 7% sc pulley. wil be installing 255lph fuel pump and catback. that is for now until i get more $$$$$$$ to get other parts. what do you think about this setup?

you have

a double intercooler or front mount one? are you gonna remove the cats before all of this boost increase right?

was going to stick with the stock one for now. probably upgrade to a double or a fmic depends on what the finances look like. as far as the cats go yes i am gonna delete them. i really want longtube headers to big dog sheesh in the back. that way no exhaust issues to worry bout.

i won't do that

was going to stick with the stock one for now. probably upgrade to a double or a fmic depends on what the finances look like. as far as the cats go yes i am gonna delete them. i really want longtube headers to big dog sheesh in the back. that way no exhaust issues to worry bout.

if you add boost on stock cats there is a good chance of blow your head gaskets
before any boost increase EXAUST must be upgraded if you don't want troubles after that ......;)

i agree :eek: dont want that after all the sheesh ive gone through the last thing i need is head gasket issues. exhaust upgrades here i come. still gotta round up the remaining parts and iam milk

go to autozone or local parts store, and rent the 3-jaw puller. when you return it, you get your money back. if you take it slow when pulling it, and give it a few taps with a rubber mallet behind the pulley, you should have no problem without the caged puller.
Then when you put your new pulley on, put some anti-sieze on the shaft.

Also, i don't think catalytic converters will cause a head gasket to blow, that will happen because of improper fuel and hot intake temps causing detonation. That's for a whole other thread though, i'm sure it's been discussed many times before. Think about new supercharged/turbocharged cars, they all have huge catalytic converters throughout most of the exhaust system now.
That does seem like a lot of overdrive for a stock intercooler though. you'd probably get more bang for your buck modifying the exhaust, than you would overdriving that supercharger.

Last edited:
i entirely understand as far as the exhaust. either or i dont want any issues with the head gasket. i work at a shop and i got a couple 3 jaw pullers just wasnt sure if i could use those or if there are specialty pullers. i do appreciate all the input though. i will see how the 3 jaw puller does and hopefully that will work out for me

Maybe if you get a good-quality uncaged puller, it will work. The problem I had is that the bolts at the pivots don't hold the jaws properly.

Back