Cats or no Cats that is the question

SCPilot

As you can see by my sig I have a scp full exhaust. My left heat shield is no buzzing and making me CRAZY! This cat is less than 6 months old. I think I am going to remove the cats and replace them with good ol fashion tubes. My question is how loud will my car be now?
Also I really do not feel like changing my own motor mounts. Sounds like a big pain in the ass. What would a dealership charge me and can I trust them to not screw up my car?
Thanks Guys

Your car WILL get louder. As for how much???? Every car responds differently. I have no exp with the SCP exhaust so I can't say for sure. The SCP has the magnaflow resonator right?? I say go for it. It "shouldn't" be too much louder.
The only to know is to do it. What may be loud to one SC'er may be sweet lullabye to another.

i have done nothing to my 93 SC except cut off cats, and it sounds awful. It is closer to sounding like an accura than my turbo 2.3L 4 cylinder does. it buzzes and sounds like a V-tech car, and the heat shield is gone too, so its not that. Oh well, they might all be diff....

If it is a loose heat sheild, you can do what I did.
Buy extra long hose clamps, you can get them at a sears hardware store or home depot, wrap it completely around the sheild and cat. Tighten it up, cut off the excess, and no more rattle.
About a 10 minute job.

Back