May 2011: Mariano Strada's 1992 Ford Thunderbird Auto

Kurt Sunday

SCCoA Member
May 2011: Last page update?

Mr. Davenport IMO -as someone that has a passion for the SUPER COUPE you sure are letting us down.

Please explain what's going on!

If you are running the Club - when was the last SC related function you attended? Or even posted on?

~~~ happened to Duffy?

I think you should get a little more involved here. I truly expected more.

May 2011: Last page update?

Mr. Davenport IMO -as someone that has a passion for the SUPER COUPE you sure are letting us down.

Please explain what's going on!

If you are running the Club - when was the last SC related function you attended? Or even posted on?

~~~ happened to Duffy?

I think you should get a little more involved here. I truly expected more.

Interesting coming from someone with member number below 1,000 and doesn't have 300 posts. Just saying................;)

The responsibilities of any club coordinator should be MUCH MORE than simply writing a check once a year for the Shootout.

Our current leadership apparently has a time consuming brutal work schedule in their private life and is comfortable with doing nothing to promote the SCCoA...and sees no reason for that to change.

Turn over the reins if the horse can not be properly lead!

The responsibilities of any club coordinator should be MUCH MORE than simply writing a check once a year for the Shootout.

Our current leadership apparently has a time consuming brutal work schedule in their private life and is comfortable with doing nothing to promote the SCCoA...and sees no reason for that to change.

Turn over the reins if the horse can not be properly lead!

I will second that!!!!

In George’s defense, he has sent out several emails trying to get the SC of the Month instituted again. George even asked the database guys if they could get me the access I need to swap the photo. I can setup the photos, run the voting but if no one wants to swap the photo then there is nothing I can do. That’s been the problem, no one wants to swap the photo and I can’t do it.

If you go to supraforums.com (im gonna catch crap:rolleyes:) every time the home page loads its a different picture. Maybe we could use the pics from the thread dalke started and just have random selection.

its been nice seeing my car on the front page but i feel like ppl are going to start hating my car !!!!

If you go to supraforums.com (im gonna catch crap:rolleyes:) every time the home page loads its a different picture. Maybe we could use the pics from the thread dalke started and just have random selection.

Naturally:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, you officially have SupraCoupe not a SuperCoupe...... so make like a tree and leave:D

its been nice seeing my car on the front page but i feel like ppl are going to start hating my car !!!!

already do! no jk...

how hard is it to give someone the power to change a damn picture?

I'm not saying I would have the time to upkeep a forum site, but there has to be someone out there that can update this blasted thing once a month no?

already do! no jk...

how hard is it to give someone the power to change a damn picture?

I'm not saying I would have the time to upkeep a forum site, but there has to be someone out there that can update this blasted thing once a month no?

It's not that hard. I got it down to a science when I was doing it. Unfortunately, it took me probably 20 hours of programming to get it that way, since I'm not a programmer and don't know what I'm doing - learned the hard way. Unfortunately, you need full admin rights to the board, which very few have, and it's not something just offered up to anyone (No offense and not pointed to you, Duane - if someone tells me to give you admin rights, consider it done.) It didn't help that I had to go tracking people down for pictures of the right size, stats, email addresses, etc. There were months I had to pick a second car because we couldn't even get responses from people about their cars.

Unfortunately, Duane is one of the few people that stepped forward to help, and he did a good job. It's not his fault nor anyone else's that this isn't getting done. I did it for about a year or so, and after we begged repeatedly for help and got none, I had enough. I had to beg just to be allowed to help out around here. We setup a committee of people to vote on the photo of the month. After doing it for a year or so, out of the dozen people that were on the committee, how many do you think would vote each month? On average, three. And I think some months, Duane and I were it. I asked if it was time to open this up to members. No, things were fine was the response from the committee.

So when we're ready to move things along, count me in - I'm all for it. But I'm not doing this by myself (And Duane.)

This community is on life support. We were doing great for awhile but now things have completely flat lined.

As per photo of the year, it should not be that difficult to write a script to pull photos from the garage and swap them every time a person loads the home page. Voting on photos? I'd rather vote on who should have the domain name and AWD SC.

I just don't understand how all the people who drive this boat really aren't a part of it anymore...Do they own the club? SHouldn't a CLUB be able to decide who is in charge? It would really help the sc community if we had compitant leaders...maybe they just pocket the club money...who's to know????

It's pretty emabrrasing, as a CLUB when new people who might find us find sc of the month marked may 2011...not a great impression

I think its time to pass the ball. I think if change dose not happen soon the real club members are going to leave. Then all the info from all the veteran members will be lost. The club will die . Pass the ball there are a lot of members willing to help and keep the club going.

I think its time to pass the ball. I think if change dose not happen soon the real club members are going to leave. Then all the info from all the veteran members will be lost. The club will die . Pass the ball there are a lot of members willing to help and keep the club going.

I would love to see some changes for the good but I think there is a good core group of members in this club that will continue to post and be active and have no plans to go anywhere. I know i'm not going to jump ship as I am on here everyday and love the club. Wish I could see some of the original founders and members like George or Duffy, as it is sad that they don't take a role anymore here

Ken

I had offered to help many times when I had the time a few years back. I tried to work on Carlisle a lil bit. Last year was nice as some people stepped to the plate and helped out. However I cant afford to use my own money again like I did last year. So I'm unsure what we can do this year.

Bottomline is that its very hard to get people to volunteer thier time for free. When Bill was doing it you can say it may have been biased however this is his life. The more effort he put it the better it could potentially make his life/buissness. He gave up the website for us.

Personally I was expecting changes when Goerge took over and was criticized on more than one occasion for basically saying whats being said here. As if I was premature in doing so. In my experience if you dont jump on things right away they get pushed to the back burner. Life trumps the club.
And that is exactly what has occurred. And even if Goerge was able to devote time to the club he most certainly couldnt do a good job of it all by hinself. Call it doomed from the start. All of us here are what makes this club what it is, however you cant have more chiefs than Indians but at the same time we need more chiefs then a few.

What needs to be done? Its more then changing the car on the front page.
More than the shootout or Carlisle. Face it the whole webpage is out of date. Links and information. But seriously who wants to maintain and fix it for free? I have a local club here run by some kids that do an AMAZING JOB whiel working and going to school. Mayeb we need to check out what makes other club websites work.....And fix our club/website

I would love to see some changes for the good but I think there is a good core group of members in this club that will continue to post and be active and have no plans to go anywhere. I know i'm not going to jump ship as I am on here everyday and love the club. Wish I could see some of the original founders and members like George or Duffy, as it is sad that they don't take a role anymore here

Ken

Ken..Look no further then Bill Evenoff

I agree that there is a great core group of individuals that have been here for years, always come to the annual events, and will continue to post away on the SCCoA until they are old men with nothing better to do....well some of us are like that now.

Isn't the goal to attract new enthusiasts to our community? Just muddling along with 50 active members here should not be the goal. With such a small following all we will have to talk about is what aftermarket part became obsolete today and how we can't keep our cars running due to lack of parts.

Is the current leadership open to doing anything to change the current path of this club? We can talk all we want about great ideas but until we get the Big Dog in the loop nothing will get done. How do we get him talking????:confused:

Since giving the club away to G. back in 2003 (yes, I "gave" it away) not once has anyone ever asked for direction, help, etc. on how to navigate the club properly. I'm not saying I did everything perfectly, far from it, but the club was thriving with 500+ members and a fully updated website that routinely got changed. If anyone wants my opinions I DEFINITELY have some opinions to offer but I don't wish to type them out here. I'm easy to contact M-F at my SC related business.

Last edited:
Back