what to do?

Suthrns_Finest

I'm looking to upgrade some parts on my auto 95 SC. It currently has a free flowing exhaust, MPX overdriven 15%, 50 injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump, 85mm throttle body, 76mm C&L maf, 3.5 CAI, FMIC and a baseline tuned chip from David Dalke, it also has stock gears.

What should i spend some money on, i was thinking of getting a 85mm maf. But would it be worth the money, would i see or feel a difference? How about some 373 gears and headers? All i know is that i want to stay on the mpx platform, but get more out of it before having to rebuild and reinforcing the bottom end and and such. Any input and advice would greatly be appreciated...

....gears are always one of the best 'bang for the bucks" upgrades.....373's will give you a better seat of the pants feeling.Headers are nice but if you have to make a choice then go with the gears and J-mod the transmission.
z

I forgot to mention it has a trac loc in the rearend already. I think i will upgrade to 3.73s. Would a bigger maf, say 80mm or 85mm be beneficial over a 76mm maf? With my current set up...

76mm will not max out its flow with an MPx overdriven at 15%...

Supercharger raised top and gears would be nice

Headers prob wont give you much...do you have ported exhaust manifolds?

otherwise I would say pull the heads and cam and really start making power

I would not spend the money on the MAF as the size difference isn't going to gain you anything. Gears would be the next thing or get into some transmission work like a converter. At this point heads/cam are gonna give you a big bang for the bucks.

Back