auto lights

anlo

all of a sudden the automatic light feature doesnt work where would someone begin to diagnose that . ? its like losing your tv remote its no big deal to manually turn on and off headlights but you sure miss it when the feature goes away... i was of course messing all around the firewall inside pulling up carpet drying out wet padding

looking for leak and all could this be related ? or just the switch deciding to randomly deciding to go out ? fuse ? just need to know where to start...

relay

tried to locate the relay for the auto lamp..---kick panel right side under defrost button area dont really know what im looking for what does it look like ?

that is funny the same thing happened to me last summer where the auto lights wouldnt work and the heat stayed on defrost . a mouse or rat chewed the vacuum hose to the heater control then went between the speeedometer and auto headlight switch and chewed the wires off . i spliced the 2 wires backto the auto headlights, and headlights worked and spiced the vacuum hose and heater works

good luck

ralph

Last edited:
working

well the auto lights just magically started working again all i can figure is all the moisture from soaked carpet padding had something to do with it

Back