PDA

View Full Version : New Guy with a Grand Prix

Explicit_Spade
02-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Hello SCCoA,
My name is Brian, but you can call me Spade. I have a 2004 Grand Prix GT2 with a topswap, XP cam, Nitrous, 3.2 pulley, Headers, Self tuned using HPTuners and supporting mods. I'm currently working on getting my intercooler and E-85 setups finished. I have a ZZPerformance Stage 2 intercooler core, I'm going to be using a ford pump and AFCO Dual pass heat exchanger for a Lightning for the IC setup. I'm planning on getting in on the Siemens Deka 80# Group buy for injectors for my E-85 setup.

http://www.potenzamotorsports.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=41&g2_serialNumber=2

I also have an 05 Grand Prix GT, I bought wrecked and fixed (well... mostly fixed) for a daily driver. Old lady owned it and tucked it under a stopped SUV on the highway. Its got 115k miles and it runs and drives like new. This one is my 5th Grand Prix, the 04 is the only one I've owned with a supercharger.

And my girlfriend has an 96 Thunderbird that I will probably get stuck working on more and more. Its got a V8, but it was originally a V6 car, so when I tried to replace the radiator with a v8 it didn't fit...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you 3.8 S/C guys are doing compared to the Grand Prixs. Maybe we can trade tips.

davec73
02-08-2012, 08:44 PM
I own both I am on grandprixforums as well. my sc is quicker, has less mods and is way more fun to drive. The platforms are similar in #s but have different issues anything you want to know just drop me a line man.

92bird
02-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Welcome man! I'm on clubgp and grandprixforums as well. There are lots of members on here who also have grand prix's.

I'm the one who linked clubgp up with the 80lb inj group buy, and the set I bought was actually for my 2000 GTP (I go by Y2KGTP on club gp)

My GTP has SLP headers, full 3" exhaust, 1.9 rockers w/l76 springs, ported Gen V blower, northstar throttle body, 4" JMB intake, zzp mps with many different pullies, DHP powertuner/innovate wideband running E85, f-body brakes, full suspension work etc..

I just got a spare L32 block and am going to go through it with JE pistons, xp cam, etc.. hence the need for 80's on E85 :)

My current supercoupe is a 1994, with 47k original miles. Still smells new inside.

My past supercoupes have been another '94, and a '92 5 speed manual, which made 345.5whp and 402.8wtq - nothing compared to what guys are doing these days.

Here's a quick vid of my old '92 for your enjoyment: home.comcast.net/~jschall1/burn2.wmv

Jeramie

renello79
02-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome I have driven a gtp and own a sc the sc is by far more fun than a gtp but I think I might grab a gtp for my girl as her summer car the bird she drives now is supposed to be my daily driver

SuperCoupe007
02-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the club.
GTP are nice sporty cars. I have driven them before and thought about getting one for myself, but I couldn't live with spinning the front wheels :p
I do like the thought of a four door supercharged engine :D

I<3boost
05-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Welcome I have driven a gtp and own a sc the sc is by far more fun than a gtp but I think I might grab a gtp for my girl as her summer car the bird she drives now is supposed to be my daily driver

Im doing the same, there is nothing better than seeing your woman in a good looking whip:D

David Neibert
06-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Welcome...my wife's old 99 GTP was the main reason I started modding my 91 SC. That car was quick and ran 14.3 @ 96 when it was bone stock. Took quite a few mods to my SC to finally beat her.

David