Shocks for the s/c

coolhand

Well, the '95 has original shocks, and they feel a bit worn(one is cracked. Has anyone used the TOKICOs for the LX on thier S/C?
Matt

I thought I had read that Tokico still made the shocks for the SC.
Apparently, they were the original manufacturer for Ford.
Am I wrong?

I am sure they still make them, might be wrong. I wanted the KONIS, but they discontinued them. I want something a wee bit cheaper, but more reliable than the OEM.
Matt

I am sure they still make them, might be wrong. I wanted the KONIS, but they discontinued them. I want something a wee bit cheaper, but more reliable than the OEM.
Matt

*blink*

OEMs lasted 17 or 18 years, and you want something MORE reliable?

For replacement new, all that IS out there for ARC equipped cars are Tokiko Illumina IIs.

Which, since Tokiko made them for Ford, isn't a bad choice. Aftermarket valving is different, but it's still very usable.

I was cheap - I removed the ARC functionality and used KYB GR-2s on my Cougar.

RwP

Gr-2????

how you like the GR-2??? they are a great deal on ebay i used them on my subaru but how are they on the SC???

*blink*

OEMs lasted 17 or 18 years, and you want something MORE reliable?

RwP

I probably didnt say that correctly. The ARC functionality hasnt worked for years, apparently. If I can find out whats wrong, I will probably go OEM.
Matt

how you like the GR-2??? they are a great deal on ebay i used them on my subaru but how are they on the SC???

On an SC? Dunno.

On my Cougar they're better than the old 20+ year old ARCs were.

I can now drive down our "high quality smooth as glass" Louisiana roads (smooth as glass if the glass is broken beer mugs, that is!) and don't feel like my fillings are going to fall out of my teeth.

The back I had ordered ACDelco premium gas charged, but I'll be moving to the GR-2s for that soon (the back bobs a bit more than I wish.)

RwP

Back