4.2 build

slick59

I've got my eye on a couple of 4.2 blocks to start a new build. A couple of questions.

Is there a difference between the blocks on the F150 and the Freestar/Monterey?

Is there a particular year I should be looking for?

All you need is the crankshaft and typically RWD blocks have different transmision bolt patterns then FWD.

I would stay away from a early NA 3.8L block.
I used a 3.8L SC block, a 4.2L crank, 6.125 Scat rods and a set of custom forged pistons.

what would it take other than the crankshaft for a proper conversion. You couldn't just slap a crank in could you? Otherwise your talking pistons and rods also?

sorry for the hijack but its on the topic

chris

4.2 crank with stock rods and custom pistons or aftermarket rods and custom pistons. You also need the correct main bearings.

I have looked at Morana, and They have a stroker kit, does anyone have an opinion on that kit?

I have looked at Morana, and They have a stroker kit, does anyone have an opinion on that kit?

Tom Morana has done a few local SC's in this area. Some of them have been 4.2 strokers. I know Tom has spend many years working on the ford V6's. I would prefer to deal with Dave Dalke over Tom Morana. I'm not bashing Tom, just passing along my thoughs.

Back