valves and cam from JEGS

try2v8

part numbers for cam are 249-44-700-9 lifters are 249-851-12 valve spring number is 249-26918-12. please let me know if these parts are right for my 89 super coupe or if there are any better parts. looking to do the cam, valve terrain and port/polish in the next two weeks. thanks. also JEGS did not offer performance valves for street/strip were can i get some. and what is the recommended lift and duration for this car/application thanks.

part numbers for cam are 249-44-700-9 lifters are 249-851-12 valve spring number is 249-26918-12. please let me know if these parts are right for my 89 super coupe or if there are any better parts. looking to do the cam, valve terrain and port/polish in the next two weeks. thanks. also JEGS did not offer performance valves for street/strip were can i get some. and what is the recommended lift and duration for this car/application thanks.

Email this guy, he can supply everything you need at competitive prices.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/member.php?u=32

David

I agree with David above.

Also, those springs will not work, they are intended for the newer v6 mustangs that use a different valve setup. They will not work in any year supercoupe.

The cam you listed will work, and so will the lifters. If you have your heart set on that cam, then you need to use Jegs part number 271-96803-12 for your springs. Do not use 249-26918-12, they will not even fit.

Before spending all that money on an off the shelf cam, I recommend following David's advice above. Roughly the same price will get you a custom spec'd cam that will perform better.

Jeramie

mailto:mdkracing@windstream.net

This will put you touch fairly quick.

Doesn't hurt to outline where your heading to save both parties time.

Paul

Back