Plenum install

blksc

Anyone do this install them selves ? how hard of an install was it ? anyone kind enough to post instructions ?

Once you get the blower off, it's really easy. And pulling the blower actually isn't all that hard.

Thomas

Instructions:

1. Remove the windshield wipers.

2. Remove the plastic cowls and weatherstripping.

3. Remove the SC belt.

4. Remove top of airbox and intake hose.

5. Remove TB linkage as a unit(2 nuts)

6. Unplug the IAC and TPS sensors on the TB.

7. Unhook the two vac lines from the plenum.

8. Loosen the clamp on the hose on the bypass valve.

9. Remove the four bolts holding the SC top on.

10. Remove the two bolts holding the upper IC tube to the IC.

11. Remove the lower support bolt on the bottom of the IC tube.

12. Remove the top and upper IC tube as an assembly.

13. Unscrew the three bolts holding the blower down.

14. Pull blower off of intake manifold.

15. Remove TB from inlet plenum.

16. Install new plenum(4 bolts, seal with copper RTV)

17. Intall TB to new plenum.

**Remember to seal the upper IC tube and the SC top with copper RTV when reinstalling them. Also, don't tighten down the IC nuts that hold the upper tube on completely until you have the top on, so you can move it around to get it to fit correctly.**

Then basicly put eveything back together. It's basicly just nuts and bolts, so take your time and you'll do just fine.

Thomas

Last edited:
Just remove the whole linkange bracket, and keep the cable hooked to the bracket. That way you don't have to readjust it. Also, I forgot that you will have to remove your Upper IC tube, and reseal it with copper RTV.

Thomas

Oh, and the best way to remove the upper IC tube is to keep it hooked to the top, and remove the top/tube as an assembly.

Thomas

I UPDATED MY DIRECTIONS ABOVE.

Last edited:
all good

this is all great information, and i will use it. man its sure good to have a site like this

Thomas,

I need detailed instructions on how to disassemble my entire car. I will need those by 5:00 p.m. tonight. :p

I'll get right on that Duane!!

STEP 1: Contact president of North Korea.
STEP 2: Have them drop nuke on car
STEP 3: Sweep up ashes.

Thomas :)

One more thing, I am not sure what year SC you have but in the 94/95 there is the EGR(I think that's what it is) that sits behing the blower.

There are two bolts that holds the EGR to the back of the plenum......these will have to be removed to take the blower out.

I never took my wipers or cowl off...Also I leave teh top and IC tube attatched to blower and just unbolt from intercooler..That will save you a bit of time..EGR is a bitch but no more then a 10min job to take off

Back