Cam

tbirdsc15

Quick question, I was going to buy a Stage one comp cam from one of the members here for my 94 Auto S/C. My question is wich is better, Should a buy a stock cam for an 89 Manual trans car or the stage one Comp cam ???? After doing some reading on here I see that the 89 Manual trans cars had a good cam in them. What are your thoughts on this ??? Thanks for the time, Rob.

Stock cams suck and are not worth the effort to install. Can't comment on the Comp cam one you mentioned, unless you post the specs.

David

Talk to Dave Dalk (XR7Dave). He has a kit with reground cam/roller rockers/springs and push rods to get the geom right. I believe it is around $500, You are probly looking at high $300's for just the cam you are looking at. Dave is a Guru of all things SC and if he says it'll work, you can bet it will;)
Adam

Let me just answer the original question. ;) The Comp S1 cam is a lot better than anything stock. The 89 cam is not measurably better than any other except maybe a 94/5.

Thanks everyone, That answered my question, So It looks like I have to talk to XR7Dave. So Dave, What do you have for me ?? This is more a freshen up then a build to go mega fast. Not looking to spend mega money. Think I may need to talk to you before I go and buy the Comp cam.

Back