PDA

View Full Version : First Thunderbird, First Post

Shadew
02-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Today I purchased a 92 Thunderbird SC, and joined the forum. I believe it is polite to introduce yourself before cruising the site. I thank you all in advance for the help and advise I will recieve here.

r1dd1ck913
02-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forums. Got any pics? What are your plans for your car.

coolhand
02-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the SCCOA You didnt say much about the car, but that will come. BTW, you didnt happen to find a wallet in the trunk did ya? It would of helped.
I waited many years for my car. Havent been able to enjoy it much, but starting to now. You will soon learn who knows what they are talking about here. SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND, but dont let anyone rag on ya for not searching. Have fun with the car.

Matt

Shadew
02-16-2012, 06:48 PM
It has the 3.8L supercharged engine that has been rebuilt with head studs added. The transmission is an automatic. It is red and in great condition inside and out. I took pictures on the smart phone, but as usual the phone is smarter than I am. So pics will come soon. I plan on using it for a fun daily driver and fuel saver to give the pickup a break. I was in the market for a TransAm, but I found this by mistake and couldn't resist.

90coug
02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
It has the 3.8L supercharged engine that has been rebuilt with head studs added. The transmission is an automatic. It is red and in great condition inside and out. I took pictures on the smart phone, but as usual the phone is smarter than I am. So pics will come soon. I plan on using it for a fun daily driver and fuel saver to give the pickup a break. I was in the market for a TransAm, but I found this by mistake and couldn't resist.

Sounds like a nice ride. Welcome to the club

92bird
02-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Welcome!!!

Shadew
02-17-2012, 02:16 PM
92 3.8L, automatic

r1dd1ck913
02-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Looks good.

Shadew
02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
No wallet was found, but there is a complete Ford service manual for it.
Thanks, the only spot on the car is a small buckle rash found on the front fender.

Emmanuel5.0
02-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Nice interiors looks great

NorthrnSCownr
02-18-2012, 02:21 AM
I really like that interior! Nice ride. Welcome here.

renello79
02-18-2012, 05:15 AM
I'll trade you hoods. Lol ok anyway I seriously doubt that you would actually be willing. You have a beautiful car there. There's a lot of knowledge to be found on here, I have found myself polling the others for suggestions on issues mostly because I couldn't find any information on the brake system for an 89 sc w/teves 2 abs. So if your stumped and can't find answers just ask. If I have had experienced in the matter I'll chime in with whatever input worked for me

Shadew
02-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I agree, the interior is perfect everywhere. The only point deductions from stock is the addition of cupholders, the factory stereo has an aftermarket upgrade, and the stickers on the visor are a little faded. I think most would agree that for using the car, the cupholder/stereo modifications do not hurt feelings at all. On the exterior there is one small scratch that will be touched up as soon as the touch up paint can be found. The powered antenna looks just slightly bent. The headlights could use a quick polish. Other than those things the car looks just like it came off the showroom floor. The little scoops on the hood are functional, I don't know if that is a modification or they came that way, but I like it. Under the hood is a fresh rebuild, new heads with studs, and a cold air intake system. I am not bragging because it is mine, but because the car was so taken care of, that is what attracted me to the car. It does not need the boost/vacuum gauge, as it is not hard to tell when the boost is being applied. It does not set you back in the seat, but the speedometer tells the tale. More from me later, but thank you for the compliments, tips, and welcoming me to the community of very cool cars.

SuperCoupe007
02-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the club and congratulation on your purcahse. That is a sweet looking SC!!! As coolhand said the "SEARCH" function is your friend. Not that we dont mind answering the same question a few times, but the search will answer your questions faster!!!
:)

90tsupercoupe
03-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Dude... I want your hood! Nice ride