Breaking up 89 Couger XR7 5 spd

Orientation Clip and Pivot for Clutch Interlock Switch

I have a 1992 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe (3.8L V6 w/ Supercharger) with a manual transmission. The following part numbers come from a Ford diagram titled: “1992 S (Thunderbird), 70 – Standard Transmission, Clutch, EXTERNAL PARTS, Clutch and brake pedal”. The diagram has the number P21778 and the date 2/15/99 in the lower right corner. I need a plastic orientation clip shown on this diagram (Part No. E9SZ9D816A).

There is a neutral safety switch or clutch interlock switch on the clutch (Part No. 1C3Z11A152AA). The clutch neutral safety switch operates via a push rod (Base Part No. 7R537), which transits the neutral safety switch and passes through an orientation clip and pivot (Part No. E9SZ9D816A). It is the plastic orientation clip and pivot that I need. I will also purchase the clutch interlock switch as a package, but I really need the orientation clip and pivot. The are located under the dash near the steering wheel.

I have a 1992 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe (3.8L V6 w/ Supercharger) with a manual transmission. The following part numbers come from a Ford diagram titled: “1992 S (Thunderbird), 70 – Standard Transmission, Clutch, EXTERNAL PARTS, Clutch and brake pedal”. The diagram has the number P21778 and the date 2/15/99 in the lower right corner. I need a plastic orientation clip shown on this diagram (Part No. E9SZ9D816A).

There is a neutral safety switch or clutch interlock switch on the clutch (Part No. 1C3Z11A152AA). The clutch neutral safety switch operates via a push rod (Base Part No. 7R537), which transits the neutral safety switch and passes through an orientation clip and pivot (Part No. E9SZ9D816A). It is the plastic orientation clip and pivot that I need. I will also purchase the clutch interlock switch as a package, but I really need the orientation clip and pivot. The are located under the dash near the steering wheel.

Did you not see my response to your post with the current part number?

Yes.. What are these parts worth to you.. Seems like alot of work with the car still running not sure I want to do diable it .. Bill

Orientation Clip and Pivot for Manual Transmission Clutch Interlock Switch

Note: The same clutch interlock switch was used on F150s with 5-speed transmissions from 1990-2003 (Part no. E8TZ7L518B), and this part does come with a clip. However, this clip is not the same, has the wrong orientation, and cannot be modified to fit the 5-speed T-Bird SC. This is Ford's attemt to use the same part (the switch) in many different models, but each model needs a different clip to make it work.

If you have the whole clutch switch bracket, clip and interlock switch, it is easier to disassemble from under the dash as a unit. As long as the clip is intact and working, I will take the whole unit. Please state what you want for it.

Back