What do i need

wooby94

SCCoA Member
I'm wondering what kind of a chip and/or tune will i need when i put in my new 75mm TB, 76mm MAF, 255 fuel pump, 42lb injectors, 5% SC pulley, and new 1.73 roller rockers? Is there anything else that you guys would recommend doing or putting in to make my slow car go faster?

You need a Moates Quarterhorse chip and a David Dalke tune, aka XR7Dave. He can supply about any part you would want, from mild to wild, depending on how much you want to spend.

Like 'nickleman60' stated, talk to XR7Dave. He can help you out and give you some pointers. The way i see it, you can never have too much helpful information.

I'm wondering what kind of a chip and/or tune will i need when i put in my new 75mm TB, 76mm MAF, 255 fuel pump, 42lb injectors, 5% SC pulley, and new 1.73 roller rockers? Is there anything else that you guys would recommend doing or putting in to make my slow car go faster?

Do a 5% jackshaft pully instead of a SC pulley, less belt slip. Junk the air box and get a good cone filter. You will need to upgrade your IC to cool the air with the SC being overdriven. If you put a chip in you can put a 180 degree thermostat in to help cool the engine. Program the chip to turn fans on at a lower temp. Dont waste money on a raised top. If you have time to pull the exhaust manifolds they can be ported to remove the lip around the collector for better flow. You can go on and on. Is it an auto or stick?

Ken

Take the car to Dave Dalke, hand him your wallet, leave the car for a while, come back, drive the crap out of it, and live happily ever after. The End.

Matt Leskiw

It's an auto. I have a K&N with a 3" intake tube on already and I put in a 180 degree thero in last month when it was nice. Thanks for the advice on the exhaust manifolds, I just had a new exhaust system put in w/o resenater and 3" to magnaflow mufflers. Do you still have one of your famous Double IC's for sale Ken?

Last edited:
I will definatly have to get ahold of Dave this summer and see if I cant bring my car to him for some quality tuning time and maybe more.

It's an auto. I have a K&N with a 3" intake tube on already and I put in a 180 degree thero in last month when it was nice. Thanks for the advice on the exhaust manifolds, I just had a new exhaust system put in w/o resenater and 3" to magnaflow mufflers. Do you still have one of your famous Double IC's for sale Ken?

I am working on one. A few other things. With an auto a lentec valve body is a good mod. People will say they are expensive but when you feel the hard fast shifts its worth it. There is another valve body out there as well if you research that is cheaper in price and does the same thing. I use to hate how slow the shifts were on my tranny. The other mod that is a real good one is 3.73 gear set in the rear. Shop the parts forum and you can score a complete pumpkin you can just drop into place

Ken

If you get into the trans don't overlook the overdrive. It's not strong enough to support a stock motor, let alone one you're going to upgrade. (I went through two of them in my stock 90 and $1500.00 each time to rebuild):mad:

If you get into the trans don't overlook the overdrive. It's not strong enough to support a stock motor, let alone one you're going to upgrade. (I went through two of them in my stock 90 and $1500.00 each time to rebuild):mad:

I beleive the lentec valve body increase pressure to the clutches extending their life. If Im wrong someone can correct me. I never had problems with my AOD since I did the valve body early on before the HP level got higher. I still had the stock AOD with the lentec valve body at a 300rwhp level. The overdrive cant handle shifting into overdrive at WOT at all which is another reason for the valve body. You can lock out overdrive for racing and dynoing the car with the lentec valve body. At some point the stock AOD needs upgrading just like everything else if your adding more power.

Ken

I was planing on updating the trans this summer, either going with a Art Carr street max or having it completely rebuilt with all the upgrades. I cant wait to get started on making the Bird go faster

Back