Pressing out/in M90 supercharger rear case bearings?

rocket5979

I have looked EVERYWHERE I was allowed to look with my limited access to this site and didn't find anywhere that mentions the direction in which to press the rear case bearings out and the new ones in or does it even matter? It doesn't appear that there is any sort of retaining lip that I can see but it doesn't hurt to ask. Are there any seating depth specs too? I measured the old ones with my machinist calipers but want to know if there is any official spec on it? Thank you.

If you pay the measly $15.00 you will get full access to the members section where you will most likely find all the answers to any questions you have about your SC.

It will be the least amount of $ with the most amount of benefit you will ever spend on your SuperCoupe.

Regards

Sean

I tap them out from the outside using a socket and hammer. Freeze the new bearings, clean the bores, and tap back in.

If you pay the measly $15.00 you will get full access to the members section where you will most likely find all the answers to any questions you have about your SC.

It will be the least amount of $ with the most amount of benefit you will ever spend on your SuperCoupe.

Regards

Sean

Sean, normally I am ALL about paying for membership to support a community but I am a bit of a special case. I don't own a SuperCoupe and don't plan to. I did buy a SC Eaton M90 blower from a member on here the other day but it will be used for a custom project into a Ford Explorer. So I would rather not pay a membership fee for a forum that I will literally spend almost no time on. Thanks for the recommendation though.

I have looked EVERYWHERE I was allowed to look with my limited access to this site and didn't find anywhere that mentions the direction in which to press the rear case bearings out and the new ones in or does it even matter? It doesn't appear that there is any sort of retaining lip that I can see but it doesn't hurt to ask. Are there any seating depth specs too? I measured the old ones with my machinist calipers but want to know if there is any official spec on it? Thank you.

I think that rebuilding the blower is a "non-sanctioned activity", so I don't think there has ever been a published specification for that.

I don't think the direction you press them makes a difference (but somebody correct me if I am wrong). You might want to use a support fixture so you don't risk hurting the case.

As for the depth, just match it the best you can. There should be plenty of engagement with the rotor shaft as long as you get it close.

I think that rebuilding the blower is a "non-sanctioned activity", so I don't think there has ever been a published specification for that.

I don't think the direction you press them makes a difference (but somebody correct me if I am wrong). You might want to use a support fixture so you don't risk hurting the case.

As for the depth, just match it the best you can. There should be plenty of engagement with the rotor shaft as long as you get it close.

I was planning on supporting the rear of the case while pressing the bearings out. No need to put any extra stress on things when you don't need to.

Back