Chrome 4" intake pipe

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
I sent the 4" intake pipe that I had made for use with the new MP 95mm TB to Ken Wagner, so he could have the guy that does his chrome plating give it the Bling Bling show quality treatment. I think it turned out great...Thanks again Ken ! Here some pics of the finished product.

David

Attachments

• IM004178.JPG
    IM004178.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 476
  • IM004181.JPG
    IM004181.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 430
  • IM004193.JPG
    IM004193.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 331
  • IM004198.JPG
    IM004198.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 309
  • IM004203.JPG
    IM004203.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 354
That looks NICE!!!:eek:

Now not to pick but why didn't you weld in a fitting for the crackcase vent instead of using a brass fitting? I had it done for my 3.5" tube, because for some reason the location that everyone else uses would not work for mine, and I think it looks allot cleaner than the brass fittings do.

That looks NICE!!!:eek:

Now not to pick but why didn't you weld in a fitting for the crackcase vent instead of using a brass fitting? I had it done for my 3.5" tube, because for some reason the location that everyone else uses would not work for mine, and I think it looks allot cleaner than the brass fittings do.

Because we wern't thinking that far ahead when we made the pipe, and I was too lazy to correct it before chrome plating.

David

Wow. I'm not a fan of chrome either but just wow. What a great looking engine bay.

Of course knowing that it doesn't just look great isn't such a bad thing either ;)

Ira

Wow. I'm not a fan of chrome either but just wow. What a great looking engine bay.

Of course knowing that it doesn't just look great isn't such a bad thing either ;)

Ira

Whats wrong with chrome????:D David is going to compete with Duane and I for best engine compartment this year at the shootout;)

Ken

They make stainless pipe fittings. I have a couple not that it matters, everything looks great.
chris

Thanks,

I'll probably just leave it like it is, because when first making the pipe any threads that protruded into the ID of the pipe were ground off to be flush with inside of the pipe for better air flow. It's also pretty much hidden after putting it on the car. BTW, I probably spent more time getting that stupid ground off fitting threaded back into the pipe than it takes to change the spark plugs :eek:

David

Whats wrong with chrome????:D David is going to compete with Duane and I for best engine compartment this year at the shootout;)

Ken

There is nothing wrong with chrome. Shiny doesn't make it any cleaner than say all blacked out, just, well, eye catching shiny. lol That doesn't mean I can't appreciate how nice it looks. I've never been much for bling and I guess I just prefer a more low key approach is all. ymmv

Ira

Last edited:
Back