throw'n codes like 1's in a strip club

ZackieDarko

90 Super Coupe, 5spd, was sitting for about 3 years. Under high load the car misses then regains it's composure. Somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000rpm there is a sweet spot where the car will idle roughly as well.

Car currently will not boost past 5lbs, if you try, it sounds like all of the air from the super charger is escaping.

KOEO Codes
21, 24, 67 and 95

21 - Cooling Temperature Sensor out of specified range or ECT out of range

24 - Intake Air Charge Temperature (ACT, IAT) sensor or Vane Air Temperature sensor out of range (this is for KOEO, "C" list's this as Coil #1 Primary Circuit Failure)

67 - Neutral Pressure Switch (NPS) circuit failure, circuit open. Also list's 67 as Clutch Switch Failure. Also list's Manual Lever Position (MLP) sensor out of range

95 - Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Fault

CM Codes
33, 48, 67

33 - EGR valve not opening properly

48 - DIS coil pack circuit failure / left side, Loss of ignition diagnostic monitor LH side, Coil #3 circuit failure

Work on the DIS code. Replace the DIS.

The temp code is from the car not being warm enough during the testing.

N code is idleing while testing.

Take care of the DIS and that should satisfy the rest. More than likely.

I'd check for leaks in the intercooler tubing. I had a loose collar nut give the 5psi boost problem before. I used brake cleaner spray to find it.

I agree. Make sure you have no vac leaks, seal up all the tubes. Then clear all the codes, and drive the car. Check engine light comes on again, pull the codes and work them.

A couple of the codes you got because you didn't to the KOEO test correctly.

I put Artic Silver 5 under the DIS, which seemed to smooth things out a bit but did not resolve the issue.

I put an Accel coil pack ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACC-140036/ ) in and it also seems to have improved things but not fixed anything. It seems much more smooth now but still will not boost and stumbles all over its self.

The check engine light now turns off momentarily then will come back on. While off, the stumble is still there but not as predominate. I know you will all say "check the codes" and I will when I have a chance, but this perplexes me.

Also I noticed some kind of connector with what looks like a severely frayed wire.

Here are 3 pictures of the wire.

http://imgur.com/a/Aok6j

I believe the wire in question is a ground wire from one harness to the other. If it was disconnected it wouldn't cause your problem. It broke in two on mine once and I never even realized it was broken. It still sounds like vacuum or boost leak somewhere. Are you still getting that sound like air escaping?

easy way to find vacuum leaks is to spray starter fluid/carb cleaner on any connection points and see if the idle goes up. Also have you checked the supercharger fluid if there isn't any there is a good chance the front seal blew.

Hope this helps,

Dan

I heard a very faint hissing sound from around the firewall. I did some investigating and when just tugging on some lines, I heard the hiss get louder. I traced the line and it led to a nipple just behind, and right under, the intake directly in front of the firewall. The boot is in an L shape and is very thin. I put the boot back onto the nipple, but nothing changed. I could however feel suction on my fingers when in contact with the boot.

Fix the wire. It's the sensor ground for the harness. Pull the codes, otherwise you're just shooting in the dark.

I've had the collar nut leak, the bottom IC connection leak and once rubbed a hole in the bottom side of the IC where I'd let it rub on something and it wore a hole thru.

In case you need a DIS Module for your 90 bird i have 2 of them both working great. Pm if you want one of them. I have done a couple transactions with other members in The last week
And i wont do ya wrong.

Back