PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin: 90 Super Coupe

90tsupercoupe
02-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Just picked up a 1990 Super Coupe yesterday from Rockford IL.
That was the most fun I ever had on the E-Way!
Got rid of my Explorer just to snatch this thing up.... Needs some TLC
but only had one owner and no chopped wires or mods :)
Nice to meet you all.

OxmanWI
02-28-2012, 06:52 PM
welcome, im from the falls

pro street rich
02-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Myself and my son are both here in milw, wi as well. I play with 35th's and my son has a 94. I also have a bunch of parts for these cars. So if you need anything give either my son Scott or myself a hit and lets see if we can help out....Rich

90tsupercoupe
02-28-2012, 10:16 PM
OxmanWI... Thanks for the welcome!
I'm in West Allis

90tsupercoupe
02-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Pro Street Rich,
I will definitely be contacting you about parts.... I'm already noticing a few things! I really need a shop manual but really dont want a Haynes... I want to try to get a hold of a shop manual. I use to collect Oldsmobile Trofeo's and that manual was like gold. In the three days I have owned the SC... I accumulated tons of questions.

sdw
02-29-2012, 02:19 AM
pm sent

Sean

90tsupercoupe
02-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Here are some pics the guy sent me just before I drove down to Rockford Illinois
to pick it up.

http://s1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii504/90tsupercoupe/

GatorGlassRon
03-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I was literally hours late to get this exact car, great deal! What did you pick it up for??? The guys name was rich right??

90tsupercoupe
03-02-2012, 11:01 PM
that is way too funny! yeah it was rich! I picked it up for $1700... I had to wait til my wife got off work so we could take the 80 mile ride... it was worth it though! there's a ton of birds in milwaukee but when I seen the ad, I knew I was gonna buy it! not bad for being 22yrs old. she's got a few issues but I wanted a project. sorry I beat ya but it went to a good home! where is your location?

GatorGlassRon
03-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Hey, that's the way it goes. You gotta jump on deals when they pop. I dropped the ball. I live on south side of Chicago. Was a 2 hour plus ride, so I was putting it off. If it wasn't for the rain/snow days earlier I would have had it. Good for you, hope you enjoy it! I own a custom shop and hopefully my quest to find another clean car pops up!

Later

90tsupercoupe
03-03-2012, 12:00 AM
If you don't mind me asking... What kind of work do you do in your shop?
I might need some work done someday and just wondering if your the go to guy for whatever you specialize in! Im planning bodywork first thing in spring!
Thanks

GatorGlassRon
03-03-2012, 12:22 AM
If you don't mind me asking... What kind of work do you do in your shop?
I might need some work done someday and just wondering if your the go to guy for whatever you specialize in! Im planning bodywork first thing in spring!
Thanks

I build custom bikes and do high end paint work on both cars and bikes. I would give my website, but not sure of the rules on this forum for promotion of business. I have been doing body and paint work my entire life. I just got rid of my 2008 z06 corvette. God I miss that car! I did a full custom build on that car and took it to SEMA in Vegas! I also had a 331 fox body mustang I built with a 331 stroker motor. Any advise with body and paint I can help ya out no problem!! What I like about these super coupes is I NEVER see them, and I go everywhere! My father bought one brand new in 1990 and I remembering as a kid thinking the car was the baddest thing on the road! I cannot wait to start a tbird project.

fordmanforever
03-03-2012, 03:43 AM
Welcome to the site. Pics looked good. Good luck with your new toy.