N/A timing cover.

RadBird

Has anyone tried using a n/a 3.8 timing cover when switching over to a 94/95 ecu?
I can get one from a 94 Mustang cheap. Thanks for any help.
PS: I know I still need a 94/95 sc damper.

From what I can see, the water pump is twisted at a slight different angle. The NA pump and SC pump look to be the same snough length, but im not sure it would be in the same spot on the SC as the original pulley. Also the NA pump has a different water outlet fitting for the top and no fitting on the bottom that goes to the Cooler.

I have two engines right next to me here, a 95 SC engine and a 96 NA sitting side by side.

- Dan

I have a '94 mustang timing cover on my '94 SC with an SC water pump.

Casting numbers are identical for 94-95 SC and 94-95 mustang timing cover, even though the water pumps are different. They are the same cover.

In fact, the '95 ford windstar also uses the exact same timing cover.

94-95 t-bird LX 3.8 and all taurus 3.8 timing cover is different, and doesn't have the mount for the crank sensor pickup, as those models used distributors. 89-93 SC, 89-95 LX, and all Taurus 3.8 use the same timing cover.

You can fit a 94-95 SC timing cover on any 89-current block, but not vicea versa if you have a EDIS (94+) distributorless ignition system.

Jeramie

Last edited:
Also, 96+ timing cover and pump is different from all 95 and earlier.

You can still put a '94-'95 timing cover on any 3.8L or 4.2L block though, from 1989+

Hope that makes sense.

Jeramie.

94-95 t-bird LX 3.8 and all taurus 3.8 timing cover is different, and doesn't have the mount for the crank sensor pickup, as those models used distributors. 89-93 SC, 89-95 LX, and all Taurus 3.8 use the same timing cover.

Jeramie

That is what i was also thinking.

94/95 Mustang 3.8L NA timing chain cover has the same water pump pattern as the SC and will work with no issues on a 94/95 3.8L SC engine.

N/A 3.8 Timing cover

Thanks guys, I am heading to my local pick and pull tomorrow. For $17.00 I can't go wrong. Thanks for the info about the Windstar, I didn't think about looking for a timing cover on that vehicle. :D

Back