Early model valve covers

nmcbchief

WOW!!! The early model valve covers sure are a rough casting. I cleaned mine up and blasted it for powder coating but may just spray paint it now. It is really rough in places and not sure how the powder coating would look.

Good news is so little of the valve covers are visible you won't notice the ugly casting. :p

Sean

if im not mistaken, most early model valve covers are not metal, only model year 1993 are. tasts why they look so bad after sand blasting.

I blasted the crap out of mine, mostly where the ford emblem is. It was still a little flakey, but turned out good after coating. Just make sure you wash them good and pre bake them to burn any crap out of the flakey spots. But I'm sure you know this already.
DSC08064.jpg

DSC08078.jpg

The guy who powered mine said that you can fill in deep pits with jb weld (skim coat). Mine look great and I would show you a pic if I was allowed to login to photobucket, but the login page keeps coming up with errors.

I like the gloss but the matte seems like it goes better under the hood. Like you said they can't be seen anyways. I am just trying to get a few things done before my motor is ready to install. Received my chrome powder today so I will give it a shot in a few days. By the time I am done it may look like a rainbow under the hood :D

Back