6an feed fuel line - is this the correct tank fitting?

Jeramie,

That is the correct Russell fitting you will need for the supply line to go to -6. They make a different one also that scews together and doesn't use that plastic clip I know I have that part number somewhere.

Thanks guys, AWESOME.. I found the posts where it was mentioned, but nobody actually verified if it worked.

Ryan, for the screw fitting, I think Newbie hit it on the ball with part number 644120, is that what you were thinking too? Looks like a more secure choice than the plastic.

Helping a local guy, and possibly myself get set up for E85.

Thanks again,

Jeramie

I have the one I posted. I read a bunch of bad reviews on the plastic one coming apart. the screw ones are real solid, I'd go with those.

I have the one I posted. I read a bunch of bad reviews on the plastic one coming apart. the screw ones are real solid, I'd go with those.
Solid info.. Appreciate the help,

Jeramie

I'd go for the screw together piece.

When I replace my pump with the stealth pump I'll be going to this fitting to get rid of the -6 to -8 connector.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-644130/

So you are running -8an line? Is there still a benefit running the -8an line with a stock fuel rail and stock pump tube?

The '93 SC we are working on will be running E85 and a 100hp zex dry shot. Should hit 450rwhp on spray (mild cam - stock heads), but with E85 we need about 30% more fuel than gasoline at that power level.

Now I am almost thinking we need the stealth 340lph pump, -8an line, and thinking we should run a wet kit tapped off the -8an line before the fuel rail.

Definitly a different world with Ethanol, especially if we decide to run E100 at the track.

Keep the info and thoughts coming!

Jeramie

I have a -8 supply and a -6 return with the fittings I posted a link to you for. If you cant find the righy sizes there i could help you with it. I figure if your going to run a new supply, why not run the -8 and have room to grow. I have my -8 feeding my stock rail and it was working fine for the day or two my car worked correctly ;):rolleyes:.

I had origiaonally had a strait connector going to my fuel rails, but i had to change it out to a 45deg to give it clearence from the intake tube. I used alum tube from the tank, then put a union ( on return ) and filter on supply, and then changed over to AN line under the hood. I used a strait connector to an line then the 45 to the rail.

I wired my pump and powered it right off the battery. I figured it would be the same as the alternator. Think I would be better off running a wire up to the Alt ?

Back