PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal issues

renello79
03-06-2012, 11:51 PM
So I was browsing through and didn't find anything useful. The issue is the pin on the clutch pedal assembly is worn due to the stage 2 clutch, the rod that connects to the pedal for the Master Cylinder was popping off the clutch pedal as a temporary fix I drilled a hole in the pin for the clutch pedal assembly and put a pin in, but it is wearing away the pin on the pedal assembly. I have seen questions about this my buddy has the same issue so I know I am not the first one to have this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution for this issue input would be great.

1fstb1rd
03-07-2012, 12:54 AM
What I did, and i followed it off someone on here, i got a oiled bronze sleeve, cut it down, and used a coller with a set screw with a drilled hole. I want to say 3/8 sleeve, 1/2 collar, if you decide to go that route, but dont hold me too it. The sleeve takes up slack that just putting the cylinder rod on the stub causes. Good luck, im sure someone will chime in. Its held up for like a year or so of daily driving.

MSwen22780
03-07-2012, 11:30 AM
You can buy this sleeve from Lowes or Home Depot. I had to file the sleeve down slightly to fit the master cylinder rod. I removed the pedal from the bracket and drilled a hole near the tapered slot for the original plastic bushing and used a cotter pin to secure it in place. I have been using this setup for over two years and its worked great since.

renello79
03-07-2012, 12:40 PM
I have been doing some research on the issue I am going to try a brass door hinge pin bushing close to the correct size. The pin on the clutch pedal is worn really bad so I am going to pull it out and have the pin welded to replace the missing material from the pin with a lock pin like what is used for our brake master Cylinder rod. Hopefully this will provide long life with easy serviceability I will keep this thread up to date a.s far as how well it works and what not