climate fan not working

94MinnesotaSC

I have no fan and in Minnesota that does not work well at all. I checked the fuses, pulled out the fan motor and even replace the whole automatic climate control center. Anything I missed?

Try this??

Did you try connecting the fan directly to a 12V power source? If it turns on then, you know its not the fan. (Watch your fingers!!! ;))

It could be the blower control module located right next to the fan housing under the dash. I am assuming all are the same regardless of year??

So if you have replaced the entire climate control console and have connected the fan directly to a battery to test it and its good, then it is probably the blower motor controller I mentioned above.

Here is the info for that part from Autozone. Other places are similar.

Everco A/C Heater Blower Motor Resistor
Part Number: 20318
Notes: Without automatic temperature control

Price: $24.99

Smitty

Quik95SC - You mention a "blower speed control module", then you link to the "fan speed resistor" - a different part.

94MinnesotaSC - if you have the electronic climate control module (no round knobs, display for temp with push buttons), then it takes the blower speed control module. This varies - earlier Gen1s are NLA from Ford, from during-92 up it's a different part (available at the dealership and also found in other Fords such as Explorers).

If, however, you have the rotary speed control dial, then you've got the resistor - that, I don't know if it changes or not, so I'd verify.

RwP

Back