running terrible

tmz93sc

my 93 sc has me frustrated. car wants to stall when i come to a stop. i have to use the brake and accelerator at a light. checked for vacum leaks found none. put new heatsink under dis swapped the coilpack. i also unplugged the cam sensor tach dropped to zero and got a check engine light . coworker suggested intake manifold gasket ? car still has plenty of power and boost

my 93 sc has me frustrated. car wants to stall when i come to a stop. i have to use the brake and accelerator at a light. checked for vacum leaks found none. put new heatsink under dis swapped the coilpack. i also unplugged the cam sensor tach dropped to zero and got a check engine light . coworker suggested intake manifold gasket ? car still has plenty of power and boost

What method did you use to check for vacuum leaks ?

David

To check for vaccum leaks, you should have a smoke test done at a local shop. This can reveal all kinds of leaks. As far as the possibility of bad sensors contributing to your rough idle, you should check the codes. You can rent a diagnostic code machine/computer at the local auto parts store. Those two are much more efficient at narrowing down the issue(s) than throwing money at various parts.

To check for vaccum leaks, you should have a smoke test done at a local shop. This can reveal all kinds of leaks. As far as the possibility of bad sensors contributing to your rough idle, you should check the codes. You can rent a diagnostic code machine/computer at the local auto parts store. Those two are much more efficient at narrowing down the issue(s) than throwing money at various parts.

+1 on the smoke test, works better than carb cleaner.

car seems to be running better now doesnt surge at a stop. i unplugged the iac valve car didnt stall. i unplugged it a few more times to make sure and it stalled. is the iac valve bad or gummed up? maybe a loose connection ?

Back