no oil pressure at WOT

boogeyman

notced lately that at wot i loose oil pressure my level is good on the stick and the engine shows no signs of anything wrong any idea`s ???

I assume this is the factory gauge that you're seeing the pressure loss on? If you're not hearing any bad noises, it's likely the wire going to the sending unit. Pull the wire off the sending unit, make certain you have a clean and tight connection there, and check for any damage to the wire. If you want to know for certain what is going on, install a real oil pressure gauge.

i checked the wire from the plug well into the harness and all was good
it never makes any funny noises or any signs of low oil pressure at all. im going to put a real guage on the car and take it for a spin and see if it holds steady if it does il just make the swap over the a non calibrated stock guage and let it ride since i dont want to add any guages inside the car

That slide on connector they use looses connection real easy. I got tired of fiddling with mine and replaced it with an eyelet and use a nut to hold it on.

That slide on connector they use looses connection real easy. I got tired of fiddling with mine and replaced it with an eyelet and use a nut to hold it on.

Had the same issue with mine after doing some upgrades. Everytime I went WOT oil pressure dropped and the red check gauge light came on :eek: Ended up being a loose connection at the sender. Still using the stock gauge, but now I've also got a mechanical gauge under the hood to check pressure every once in a while.

attachment.php

David

Back