Lotec 3 gauge pod

fit is pretty good, though like any such part, it depends. The material is thin in some areas so it might sit slightly off. I used a heat gun to clean up the fit on mine. (use care if doing that)

so it fits over the factory piece that may have to be modified to work. I'm using shallow electric gauges so it may not be a big deal. Thanks guys

so it fits over the factory piece that may have to be modified to work. I'm using shallow electric gauges so it may not be a big deal. Thanks guys

no. you have to cut the stock a-pillar cover for the proper fit. The part that fits into the dash is formed in the Lotec piece. Then the part up by the roof ends short on the Lotec piece. You cut the stock piece a bit long and lay the Lotec over top that short section. The lotec piece is a bit thinner in that area where the overlay happens.

If you are good with fiberglass you could tie it all together and make it look stock. Overall the part is strong, doesn't flop around when installed. The fit on the ports for the gauges is pretty tight when delivered. You may find one or two of them that need to be clearanced to fit (a little sand paper). But don't clearance too much. Room for any retaining bracket is limited, so the tight fit works well for retention.

the picture on the Lotec website matches what it looks like pretty well. here:
thunderbirdtc1989.jpg

That makes a huge blind spot, but only looks matter. :confused:

I currently run a double gauge pod, I don't think the the added 1 gauge would make the blind spot large at all. I really didn't even notice the difference with the double added to the A pillar. I still feel the A pillar gauge pods are a "heat score" for cops, street racing kind of stuff. But I do like that they hold 2 extra gauges.

Looks good, the colour(I'm Canadian) matches well.

Id perfer not to do this at all but I need a place to put gauges. And my engine builder says I absolutely need an oil pressure gauge...And well...There was nowhere to put that, my real boost gauge, and my AFR gauge..And well then there will be the fuel pressure... So three on a pod one on a column....and I really dislike running aftermarket gauges if I dont have too..

Damon

You may want to look at some of the tachs that incorporate multiple gauges.

There small but save a lot of room.

I'm just going to rejig them to monitor tranny and heat exchanger water temp.

Paul

anything you put above the dash creates a blind spot. Due to the angle you sit in the car, the area taken up by the gauges is minimal. I didn't have any issues dodging cones in a parking lot or seeing a tree at the strip.

There are other ways to see oil pressure if that's the only thing you want to monitor. I'd check out some of the digital oil pressure gauges that just show a number. See if they could be pulled apart. There is room in the instrument cluster that you could put a couple LED panels in that show oil pressure. The dash has room as well. I wanted oil pressure and coolant temp, then the 3rd one has my wide band display.

Whats the need for a FP gauge? If you have one on the regulator, set base and forget it. If the car is running desired AFR with reasonable inj duty cycle, you should have plenty of fuel pressure. Ive seen the pump you plan to run support 800rwhp on e85 on the low setting, it didnt have the fancy regulator, so its just high and low in that case. You're going to clutter that thing up. Stick a oil pressure and wideband right in your face, I dont know if youve been in or driven an 800+rwhp car, espically with a streetable tire that fits on a tbird, but your not going to be looking at any gauges, you're going to be trying to stay alive.

Damon

You may want to look at some of the tachs that incorporate multiple gauges.

There small but save a lot of room.

I'm just going to rejig them to monitor tranny and heat exchanger water temp.

Paul

I kind of already made up my mind. I definitely dont like the larger tach look. This may not be that bad. But we shall see. Thanks man

I kind of already made up my mind. I definitely dont like the larger tach look. This may not be that bad. But we shall see. Thanks man

I know what you mean.

Pod is dedicated to AFR and Boost.

I'm going to try to build the tach into the hood.

I don't want to do a lot of cutting and configuring in the cab.:eek:

Paul

Back