blower failing ????

boogeyman

i have a 90 sc w basic mods 76.. maf. 75mm t/b 42 lb injectors, chip , exhaust. it would make 13-14psi at 5500 before no problem i installed a 5% j/s pulley and it was fine making 17or so psi about a week later it will only make 10 psi and feels very sluggish and all my blower whine has dissapreared
is my blower failing or already dead ???

Have you tried pulling the chip and cleaning everything and making sure the chip is plugged back in secure?

If the blower isn't chattering, you could pull the snout and check the coupling.

i have no identfiable belt slip no black dust nothing like that. tried pulling the chip no change
replaced both belts and nothing changed
pulled tho blower top and it has some slop in the lobes left to right and rotating them it seems to make more boost when its cold than warm

i have no identfiable belt slip no black dust nothing like that. tried pulling the chip no change
replaced both belts and nothing changed
pulled tho blower top and it has some slop in the lobes left to right and rotating them it seems to make more boost when its cold than warm

If you have the original drive coupler in the blower, the rotors will be able to rotate a little without moving the belt. However, if you can make them "click" together, the rotor bearings are probably worn out.

As others have said, you should check the bypass valve to make sure it is closing all the way. And also check the vacuum hoses and IC tubes.

Back