Can stock rear hubs be drilled for 5x4.5

90turbo1

can the stock rear hubs be drilled for 5x4.5 pattern?

is there enough meat on them to drill 5 new holes and add studs..

Yes and his work is amazing I had the whole spindle service done for 150 and they looked brand new when I got them back

That's a good route to go, now that the Cobra rear hubs are so expensive through Ford or FRPP.

cheers
Ed

no doubt they are 140 plus shipping each on ebay, so 75 bucks is a steal.

thanks I think I will go that route

Spend the extra, get him to replace the bearings while you're at it!

Unless you've already done that recently.

RwP

we have a full press and such at the shop I work at, just no accurate milling or drill press available. I asked around town here and no machine shops looked compentent or even said they can do it... what happened to the day when people actually built things...

i sent that guy an email but never got a reply, is he busy?

Trust me when I say have this guy do it his name is stu spenser and he is inexpensive but yes sometimes it takes him a while to return messages because he is so busy.

spindlefront.jpg

spindleside.jpg

spindletop.jpg

spindles.jpg

These are the pics of my hubs and spindles when they returned from him

Are there any rotors that will fit the hub after having redrilled to 4.5 bolt spacing or is the only solution to have tbird rotors re drilled

That depends on what size rotors you want to use. If you want to use stock size rotors then, yes, you have to have them drilled to 5x4.5. You can use stock rotors from a 99-04 mustang cobra, and they will not need to be re-drilled. But you have to use a caliper relocation kit to accomediate the larger rotor size.

XR7Dave sells the caliper relocation kits for $80. See this link

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120811

If i use the relocation kit can i still use the stock caliper or will i need to up grade to the cobra calipers ,the rear in question is being swapped into a 48 ford pickup.

If i use the relocation kit can i still use the stock caliper or will i need to up grade to the cobra calipers ,the rear in question is being swapped into a 48 ford pickup.
yes you use the stock caliper and move it with the brackets

Back