PDA

View Full Version : Driver & Passenger Seat Bolsters Air System - Not working

SuperCoupe007
03-23-2012, 03:21 AM
Hello guys/gals,

I have two Issues that I hope someone can help me with;

Issue #1:
So I had the drive and passenger bottom portion seats redone a couple of years ago. A few weeks after I got them back I noticed that the bolsters were not working the way they were working before I took them to the shop. When I press the bolster botton to inflate them I slightly feel them move, but they dont hug me like they used to, before they worked on them.

Question #1:
My question is does anybody have any instruction on the air systerm is routed and is supposed to be connected? I am in the process of removing the driver seat and dissasembling the driver seat so taht I can fix it myself.
NOTE: When I am sitting on the seat and press the Bolster inflate button I can hear that air pump working, and the Bolsters slightly hug me, but dont hold pressure.

Issue #2:
Also, the headrest locking clips (I think thats what they might be called) were broken by this shop, so whenever I raise the headrest, if falls back down the moment I releave it.

Issue #2
Anybody can provide me with the process on how to dissassemble the seat so that I can fix this issue?

I had originally taken it back to the shop, but they told me that they didn't touch the bolster system, and that the clips probably broke while they were dissassembling the seats because they were old and dried out.

I called buls on it but they told me that they didn't do anything wrong and that if they were to fix that they were gonna charge me for it. So I decided to cut my losses there and handle things on my own.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

MattSCESC
04-11-2012, 07:30 PM
To me, it sounds like the bolster issue is an obvious air leak somewhere. Did you take the car into them complete, and they stripped the seats down? If so, I'd be willing to be an airline got cut/cracked or pulled off somewhere.

I know on my 35th, with the bolsters pushed all the way in by hand, I could slide my finger behind it and feel if the bladder was inflated.

Can you do that with yours? If you can, does it STAY inflated or does it immediate deflate after you remove your finger from the switch?

The headrest clips I just had to deal with. I never tore my seat down, but I had an overzealous friend in the back seat that felt the need to smash the passenger side one down, and it no longer stayed up after that... :mad:

HappyChappy
04-11-2012, 08:31 PM
I just fixed my passneger side by just inspecting it and following the noise. On the passenger side, the bolsters didn't inflate and so I followed the sound to a big seam or crack about an inch long in the tubing on the right side bolster. THen scotch tape on that helped but they sound was coming from another area by the lower left side bolster, it was down by the bracket where the seat folds up. The tubing was almost all the way broken off(tearing) to the thicker plastic tube that must run underneath to the air pump.

So I just tore it, cut it to have a straight edge, used a bit of wd40 for lube, and slid it on over the plastic piece. Now they hug my passenger perfectly!!

In other words, followed the sound to the broken airline tubing.

the-big-e
04-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Can you pull the head rest out of the seat.....

There are clips that hold the head rests up......

Check to see if they are there....

The air line to the bolster bladders run up next to the hinge point on the seat.....

The line could be pinched or broken....