Possibly a better rotor pack???

SCDan35thANV

I have been seeing a lot of guys with rotor pack failures lately and am worried about my rotor pack I have in my MPX. My rotor pack currently has 125,000 miles on it but still has no play in it at all. I was wondering if any has or knows where to get a new rotor pack because I am over driving it 25% and would like something that won't fail that may be better. I also noticed that http://www.stiegemeier.com/ has lightweight rotor packs as well as venom coolers. Has anyone used them and what are their thoughts. I believe the venom coolers are not for the m90 but has anyone used something similar and if not would it benefit to make something like this to help prevent rotor pack failures? Any opinions on either the lightweight rotor pack or their venom cooler would be appreciated.

Last edited:
HMM...it really wouldn't be hard to make an SC oil cooler setup. If I had an MPX, I might try it. I wonder how much Steig charges...

I just wanted to let you know I called and am waiting to hear back from Bob. I believe they can do the venom cooler on any snout but in all honesty they don't look too hard to make and I have access to a very nice water cooled miller tig setup and a friend that can weld. They told me they do not have the lightweight rotors for the m90's only m112. I was wondering if anyone knows what the best rotor pack would be to get new and would it be a good idea drilling holes evenly to not off balance our stock rotors or would it affect the strength of them. I will post a price if I get a quote maybe a group buy some guys might be interested in???

Here's the thing ...

You can't buy a rotor pack new. Unless you somehow find a hookup.

Only Eaton makes the rotors. They don't sell them retail.

The cases are made by Eaton for most OEM customers, and by Eaton's licensed distributors for aftermarket kits. Those people would be Magnuson, Roush, Edelbrock, and Harrop (in Australia).

These companies only sell complete kits ($2000+).

Licensed repairs are done by these aftermarket companies: Magnuson, ZZ Performance, Steigemeier, and Harrop.

These companies may sell you parts, but rotor packs are generally not included. One exception is ZZ Performance, which sometimes has new rotors around, and might sell them to you.

Embree Specialty Machine will rebuild packs, but it isn't cheap.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I spoke with Charles from magnum powers and since my clearance between my rotor pack and case looks good I am going to just change the oil out every 30,000 miles and check clearances at that time as well. Also in regards to the venom cooler it will be kind of pointless since the air is what is heating up the super charger not the super charger heating up the air it's self. I believe DD may have told me this and sorry if I forgot. I also have meth injection which I am working on setting up at the moment so once I get that done hopefully soon I think I should be fine. Thank you everyone for your input.

Back