Vvvvvvv old stuff vvvvvv

3" Cold Air intake with 9" Filter
Gen 2 M90 This one not ported yet
Heads have a mild port and polish to match gasket
lower intake manifold ported and polished
Shortyr headers 2.5" Downpipes Magnaflow resonator
...3.5" Out to Y pipe back to dual 2.5s
10% OD pulley
Transgo AOD HP Shift kit and high rev governor kit (Just got a new valve body hope it works like its supposed to )
2500 Pro street intruder stall converter
fully reBuilt tranny 2" overdrive band
Raybestos Special blue racing clutch pack
raybestos intermediates...
trans oil cooler wit 13" low profile fan
Arp Head studs
190LPH walbro pump
36Lb injectors
75mm Pro M Throttle body
73mm C&L Maf
192F thermostat
Intercooler with 8" low profile fan

i think that should be it for now updated 11/4/2012 Lol

i dont know where i am at but i hope i have already broken into the 250rwhp mark

Last edited:
With those kinds of mods I usually make about 230-240rwhp and run mid low 14's. Keep in mind that when I do these mods usually the tune is pretty spot on so there is always the possibility that a poorly tuned combination would run worse. My car ran 15.3's bone stock.

With those kinds of mods I usually make about 230-240rwhp and run mid low 14's. Keep in mind that when I do these mods usually the tune is pretty spot on so there is always the possibility that a poorly tuned combination would run worse. My car ran 15.3's bone stock.

thats nice
i havent had the chance to take mine to the track when it was stock
and well since the track has been closed ive been modding it here and there
mainly because the transmission went out
the sc snout started leaking
and the gaskets went pop

but i figured since i was going to take apart and invest on it
might as well do it good
and well yes true that
tuning with the tweecer Rt is kinda hard for me
i have a friend that is certefied sct tuner and he is the one who helped me with the tune
but idk how good it is

how much gain would adding a walbro 255lhp
#39/42 injectors
MP TB
Larger MAF
?

or what should be the main or next mods i should worry of
i know getting a later style blower is crucial but mainly those that make the most gains even tho every mod completents eachother

thanks in advance dave

Gear question

And one huge question before i make a mistake on this

what gears should be best for me ?
im planning on at least putting down 10 grand on this car as time goes
i already have in mind lots of the things i want for it
so what would be the best gear for my rear end
and this will a daily driver car mostly i would say 50/50 on the city/highway
so 3.73 ?
or in between which i think ford racing made the 3.90

i am leaning more towards the 3.73
even tho many say it wont make much difference
the 4.10 i hear there is too much vibration caused and with 4.10s i need more mods or something re calibration of speedo
(but cant i do that with the tweecer ? )
and the 3.90 well i havent heard much from this since they arent very common
and my car is an Automatic

I have 3.73 in the 95. For quarter mile I think that is a good rear gear ratio. You are pretty high in the rpm range in 3rd gear by the time you get to the end. On these cars there is a gear on the transmission you have to change when you get a different ratio to keep the speedo accurate. Its pretty easy to change. As far as vibration I notice a bit over 100 mph with the 3.73. You really should upgrade to a better driveshaft if you use higher gears but i don't drive 100 too often and I dont hear too many problems breaking driveshafts on these cars. Hope that helps.

Chris

I have 3.73 in the 95. For quarter mile I think that is a good rear gear ratio. You are pretty high in the rpm range in 3rd gear by the time you get to the end. On these cars there is a gear on the transmission you have to change when you get a different ratio to keep the speedo accurate. Its pretty easy to change. As far as vibration I notice a bit over 100 mph with the 3.73. You really should upgrade to a better driveshaft if you use higher gears but i don't drive 100 too often and I dont hear too many problems breaking driveshafts on these cars. Hope that helps.

Chris

Thanks alot and yes it does help alot and no same here
i dont drive the 100s any often and if it keeps me away from the driving over 100 even better
so 3.73s should be good for mine right
and as far as the gear on the tranny do you have to take it down to do it ?
ive taken that thing off and on like 3-4 times -.- its the least i wanna do any time soon lol

Oh injectors and fuel pump give you no horsepower they are only needed if you are maxing them out. I would say Maf and throttle body would help some, it would be cool to find a upgraded blower and magnum powers inlet plenum for your setup.

Chris

how much gain would adding a walbro 255lhp
#39/42 injectors
MP TB
Larger MAF
?

Those mods won't make any more power but they will help support more power and will be needed to make any more power than you are making now. I recommend 60lb injectors and an 85MM MAF and 340 fuel pump to start off with. That way you won't need to be upgrading again soon.

The first think you have to do to make power is get a better blower. If you don't want to do that right now then consider heads/cam.

Thanks alot and yes it does help alot and no same here
i dont drive the 100s any often and if it keeps me away from the driving over 100 even better
so 3.73s should be good for mine right
and as far as the gear on the tranny do you have to take it down to do it ?
ive taken that thing off and on like 3-4 times -.- its the least i wanna do any time soon lol

I agree with using 3.73 gears. No you don't have to take the transmission out to change the speedometer gear. It's external and only takes about 10 or 15 minutes to change. Here's an article on changing the speedo gear.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/gears/speedo.html

You can get the gear from your Ford dealer or from Super Coupe Performance.

For 3.73s with an automatic trans, you will need a 21 tooth Purple # D0OZ-17271-B

David

Last edited:
Those mods won't make any more power but they will help support more power and will be needed to make any more power than you are making now. I recommend 60lb injectors and an 85MM MAF and 340 fuel pump to start off with. That way you won't need to be upgrading again soon.

The first think you have to do to make power is get a better blower. If you don't want to do that right now then consider heads/cam.

Ok thanks alot for the help
and with the 340 fuel pump
do i just get a fuel regulator for it ? and adding 60lb injectors does that mean i will waste a whole lot more gas ? lol
or can i regulate it ?
and so either way i have to get those for the OD on the car because 30 wont be near enough and i could either be running lean most likely if theres not enough fuel
so maybe a late style blower ported and coated rotors with the MP plenum
and yes i got the heads worked on already but not fully
i want to get some cams rockers push rods etc
and finish modding the heads once and for all
after that fuel maf and TB
then knock down the blower to start seeing good gains
and the gears of course would help alot as well not on the power but on the acceleration

Oh injectors and fuel pump give you no horsepower they are only needed if you are maxing them out. I would say Maf and throttle body would help some, it would be cool to find a upgraded blower and magnum powers inlet plenum for your setup.

Chris

Right on
thanks
so maybe next step is Maf and TB
the fuel system to be able to continue making more power
and so
what would be the best blower ?
the Mpx case ? with un coated rotors to make more OD
or the regular 94/95 ported and polished with coated rotors and the MP plenum ?
ive heard about the twin screw whipple for example but those things are too expensive and i dont think the car is even at the point where that could be its last resource for power
plus isnt one of the fastest Sc at the momment running on an MPX ??

Last edited:
I agree with using 3.73 gears. No you doing have to take the transmission out to change the speedometer gear. It's external and only takes about 10 or 15 minutes to change. Here's an article on changing the speedo gear.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/gears/speedo.html

You can get the gear from your Ford dealer or from Super Coupe Performance.

For 3.73s with an automatic trans, you will need a 21 tooth Purple # D0OZ-17271-B

David

Thanks i got the page i know where its at :D i never knew that was the speedo gear
but it seems easy to replace

so 21 tooth purple got it

Last edited:
Ok thanks alot for the help
and with the 340 fuel pump
do i just get a fuel regulator for it ? and adding 60lb injectors does that mean i will waste a whole lot more gas ? lol
or can i regulate it ?
and so either way i have to get those for the OD on the car because 30 wont be near enough and i could either be running lean most likely if theres not enough fuel

When you change injectors you have to "tell" the computer what you are doing or it won't run, and then since the fuel commands for the injectors come almost directly from the MAF, you need to have a MAF capable of keeping up with your new injectors or you'll just run into the limits of that right away too. I recommend getting the injectors, a MAF with sufficient range, and a chip to bring it all together, all at the same time. I do have a package kit that does all this, email me for specifics.

No, you do not need a fuel pressure regulator, the stock one works fine.

what would be the best blower ?
the Mpx case ? with un coated rotors to make more OD
or the regular 94/95 ported and polished with coated rotors and the MP plenum ?

MPX seems to be a pretty good selection for the price. If you want to save some money (and possibly stay more reliable), a ported late model can perform pretty well. In my 5-speed, I should be able to get into the 12's with my current setup, which is by no means extreme (see my garage link below). My heads are home-ported, but I would consider the port job mild at best.

plus isnt one of the fastest Sc at the momment running on an MPX ??

Yes, but it is an all-out race car (much lighter than a daily driver) - not to downplay that particular car at all!! :) As far as SC'ed SC's, the Autorotors & Whipples are the big power houses right now.

When you change injectors you have to "tell" the computer what you are doing or it won't run, and then since the fuel commands for the injectors come almost directly from the MAF, you need to have a MAF capable of keeping up with your new injectors or you'll just run into the limits of that right away too. I recommend getting the injectors, a MAF with sufficient range, and a chip to bring it all together, all at the same time. I do have a package kit that does all this, email me for specifics.

No, you do not need a fuel pressure regulator, the stock one works fine.

Just sent you an email

MPX seems to be a pretty good selection for the price. If you want to save some money (and possibly stay more reliable), a ported late model can perform pretty well. In my 5-speed, I should be able to get into the 12's with my current setup, which is by no means extreme (see my garage link below). My heads are home-ported, but I would consider the port job mild at best.

Yes, but it is an all-out race car (much lighter than a daily driver) - not to downplay that particular car at all!! :) As far as SC'ed SC's, the Autorotors & Whipples are the big power houses right now.

Ohh yes i have that in mind those cars are race machines
mine will touch the track every now and then but not just for the track
i considered the Mpx since like you said its a good selection if i want to save money
i think if my Sc ever gets into the 12s or less that will be more than enough for me
even low 13s sound good

and im gonna take a look at your garage right now

Last edited:
Back