Rough Engine a Minute or Two Into Driving

Skid Mark

My check engine light comes on a couple of minutes into driving. It's accompanied by a rough, slightly bucking, engine. It seems to smooth out but the light stays on for the rest of the drive. I ran codes and got a 326. When I search online for Ford code 326, I get 326, and EGR problem, or P0326, a knock sensor problem. It doesn't seem like EGR would be causing rough running, but that maybe a knock sensor would? Anybody had this? The car's a 1995 SC. Thank, in advance, for your help.

My check engine light comes on a couple of minutes into driving. It's accompanied by a rough, slightly bucking, engine. It seems to smooth out but the light stays on for the rest of the drive. I ran codes and got a 326. When I search online for Ford code 326, I get 326, and EGR problem, or P0326, a knock sensor problem. It doesn't seem like EGR would be causing rough running, but that maybe a knock sensor would? Anybody had this? The car's a 1995 SC. Thank, in advance, for your help.

EGR can very well cause rough running, especially if it's a) venting extra exhaust gas in past what the ECU is commanding, or b) doesn't vent ENOUGH in.

A knock sensor wouldn't normally cause rough running, but would cause sluggish performance (as the ECU retarded timing and richened the mixture up to get rid of the preignition it THINKS is happening ... )

If your car has EGR, I'd clean the valve and the passageways completely. Also I'd be checking the EGR sensor.

As always, have you checked for vacuum leaks? Old hoses cracking? Etc. etc?

RwP

Back