Light gremlin issues

SCDan35thANV

I am have some issues with all my lights. A few days back when I had my fog lights and head lights on my head lights went out then on and started flickering. I figured it was a ground or something so I pulled over to check everything and all seemed fine. Started the car back up turned off my heater and fog lights and the head lights have worked perfect ever since. Now my turn signals work but some times the blinker will blink fast as if a bulb is burnt out and it varies between one of my brake lights or one of my turn signals will just not work but then start working again after I go to another function then back. The other night my taillights apparently were not working my whole way home but seem to be fine today. I had my wife get in the car today to test all the signals and lights to see if they were working and everything was fine headlights on or off but when she went to start the car the right brake light went out but when she hit the the right turn signal it started working again. I swear all the grounds are good I have checked and rechecked them several times. I was wondering if possibly the ignition switch could be causing this or possibly something else such as the multi function switch or something else. I found this article http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120533#post944038 and my guess is the ignition switch. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

When I had the flickering headlights I changed my MFS and my headlight switch. The MFs was super loose and the connector for the headlight switch was actually melted.

Hence why I went to an relay system to run all my lights..

Regards

Sean

what kind of relay system did you use. I taped into my headlight switch for a couple gauge lights so kind of curious what you did. Do you think the MFS could also cause issues with break lights? I am about to replace every single switch on the car at this point lol.

Back