Would my boost pressure change if.....

mywhite89

Right now the 95 is making 14 lbs. of boost with 15% over drive on the ported late model blower. Would it make more boost if it was switched to a mpx blower? If so, how much?

Chris

Last edited:
The boost will go down on the low end, remain the same through the mid range, and may go a little higher on top. Maybe 1psi difference. That's just a guess of course, and it assumes you put coated rotors in the MPX.

What would be the guess to HP & torque gains in that swap?

I have been thinking of the same swap, I had thought the benifit was getting more power out of the blower. Does the MPX have the ability to have better efficiency with more OD added?

thanks for the info thats what I was kind of thinking. Do those boost numbers sound decent for a car with that amount of overdrive? custom ground cam by you with bigger valved heads. only work to the exhaust is slightly ported manifolds, deleted cats and flomaster resonator. Other than that, it has all the bolt-ons you can think of. I ported the heads, and in my opinion I pretty heavily ported the intake side, just basically cleaned up the exhaust side.

I'm just trying to figure out the next step to gain a little power from this car in the future. Now that its running so good I shouldn't touch it! For instance, would a better flowing exhaust at this point actually help any or is that probably not much of a restriction at this point? Can boost actually be effected by a restricted exhaust versus a free flowing one? If so, I would say this car is exiting just fine!

chris

Last edited:
Back