PDA

View Full Version : Stand alone engine management

Protour_Pinto
03-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Is there anyone making a stand alone engine management for the SC? Im looking at installing an engine in a homebuilt car and would like to see if there is someone who can strip down a harness and make it just for the engine and trans. The car will have no power options.

Thanks in advance!

Hock
03-27-2012, 10:57 PM
This is the only thing I know that will do what want it to do. The price may be a little rough to look at but I think you would have a better over all fit and finish with it.

http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MG-38

Protour_Pinto
03-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks Hock, Yea I saw that one and have used their wiring kits in the past on my Pinto/Caddy project and a couple others. I was hoping it was like the XR4TI and had a separate Harness for just the engine.

Hock
03-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Well as far as I remember it does minus the connection that go to the cluster but I believe there is a connector near the EEC so you don't have to worry about trying to un-ravel that mess behind the dash. What I would do though is cut the dash side on the gauge harness so you will at least have the pigtails you need for that. A Chiltons will tell you which wires go where so you won't have to worry about that.

If I'm wrong someone will chime in and let you know. Goodluck.

BTW, what are you putting this in????:confused:

decipha
03-28-2012, 12:11 AM
just yank the ecu harness out and use that,the full pin out is floating around here somewhere its pretty easy to do as i've done something similiar. I yanked the ecu harness and wired up what i needed so i could run all the supercoupe engines we build on my engine dyno. It was pretty straight forward and simple, the ecu pin out gives you all the info you need.

enjoy

Protour_Pinto
03-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks decipha! I did the pin out deal on my first Pinto Wagon/2.3 turbo deal. That was because I couldn't find a XR4TI in Pick a parts.

Hock, I want to make a Legends car street legal. Similar to this

http://www.uslegendcars.com/images/gallery/34ford_coupe_lg.jpg

My own frame with a mustangII based front suspension and possibly the IRS from the SC.