where is the ignition relay location?

decipha

yesterday my engine died on me for absolutely no reason. I immediately tried to recrank and the upshift lamp never went out so i just assumed the crank sensor was bad. Swapped a new one in and still nothing. Then I realized the check engine light was a tad dimmer than usual so my 2nd thought was the eec relay, im thinking the eec relay is in the trunk nestled up with the abs computer on the back deck? just for the hell of it i changed both of them relays, that still didn't fix it, although im not sure if one of those is the eec relay or not?? While I was at it i replaced the ircm as i though that could have possibly been the cuplrit but it didn't make a difference. Then I assumed possibly my computer was bad, i had a quarterhorse in it and the other day i locked up the brakes something flew off my passenger seat hit the j3 port and rebooted the ecu. I didn't have another GURE ecu laying around so i swapped in one from a mustang (no worries i did it correctly) still didn't make a difference. Still same problem, i then thought what the hell bad dis module, so swapped that out still nothing. Checked all fuses and all are ok, i even swapped a few for good measure still nothing. Then I thought possibly bad ignition switch which i replaced back in january when i put the new engine in, so to bypass it i used the remote start and still nothing, So Im lead to believe im not getting my 12v ignition feed to the coil, crank sensor, maf, or hego heaters. I looked through my wiring diagrams and I can't seem to find the relay in any of them. Before i go out and tap into the feed wiring i'd like to FIX the problem rather than go around it.

so to summarize, im looking for the ignition relay and can't seem to find it, any and all input is greatly appreciated

Yes, it's in the IRCM. Did you check voltage on circuit 361 (MAF power etc?) Could be you have a bad balancer if it's not a BHJ.

Back