Power Steering Leak Right Side

rickbtbird

I have a power steering leak on the right side of the car under the bumper cover. I haven't had time to investigate it yet as the wife wants me to help with the yard work at the other house 15 miles away so I guess I'll be driving the Dakota all weekend and next week until I can get an idea what is leaking.

I’m thinking the problem is ether the pressure hose or an attachment point of the hose but, I’m not sure yet. The leak is a steady drip. I did see that a replacement pressure hose is less than $40.00.

Anybody wants to chime in here with known issues and checkpoints on a fluid leak in that area?

I have a power steering leak on the right side of the car under the bumper cover. I haven't had time to investigate it yet as the wife wants me to help with the yard work at the other house 15 miles away so I guess I'll be driving the Dakota all weekend and next week until I can get an idea what is leaking.

I’m thinking the problem is ether the pressure hose or an attachment point of the hose but, I’m not sure yet. The leak is a steady drip. I did see that a replacement pressure hose is less than $40.00.

Anybody wants to chime in here with known issues and checkpoints on a fluid leak in that area?

Right (passenger) side is where the cooling fins are. Also, where it's leaking, it's destroying the strut rod to frame bushings - I'd plan on redoing those also.

Over on TCCoA, there's a thread on replacing the rubber hoses with AN fittings and getting rid of that long loop - which hasn't had any problems in Arizona, with 110+F temps. You may want to spend the extra over $40 and do that.

That way, even if it DOES spring a leak, at least it won't be taking out the (possibly obsolete at that time!) strut rod bushings.

RwP

I did away with my power steering cooler. Could not get it to stop leaking. No problems what so ever with it removed. Another headache suppressed.:)

Back