Thread size for brake pressure switch

sdw

My ARC brake pressure switch is weeping. Since i haven't had ARC's for years i would like to put a plug in there and stop this nonsense once and for all.

Does anyone know the thread size?

This is for a '91

Regards

Sean

3/8" SAE Fine Thread bolts will thread in. But it's an o-ring seal, not tapered threads like pipe thread. You need something like a Hydraulic plug, I was never able to track one down that would fit at a local place. If you have a local shop that stocks Aeroquip or parker hydraulic fittings you may have luck. Though they typically just stock big stuff.

Find a Crown Vic and check just below the steering shaft....

They have the same type of sensor, but with a different electrical connector....

there is a supply shop (Greenline) near Sean that should have the plugs that work.

PN: 1100-03 (O-RING BOSS ORB HEX PLUG)
PN: 1100H-03 (O-RING BOSS ORB HOLLOW HEX PLUG)

And they may have other options

Last edited:
there is a supply shop (Greenline) near Sean that should of plugs that work.

PN: 1100-03 (O-RING BOSS ORB HEX PLUG)
PN: 1100H-03 (O-RING BOSS ORB HOLLOW HEX PLUG)

And they may have other options

Thanks Kevin!

regards

Sean

If you can get the specs for those, please post them. That will help others source similar parts in their area.

For some reason i'm having issues with the PDF files on their website, but i have their Catalogs at work, so if it remember (big if there) I can see about what i can find out..

but they are Both 3/8-24 plugs, The top # is a HEX headed plug, the Lower # uses a Allen Head for tightening

I'm not certain what kind of O-ring comes with them, but both fittings are for Hydraulic use so. One can always swap up Crush washers for the O-ring setup.

Is the junction block the switch threads into just a bulky T-fitting or is there a proportioning valve in it. If it's just a T then couldn't you just use a couple of line unions and an extra piece of brake line?

There's a proportioning valve in it, but you COULD use an after market one instead.

I just put the brake light switch in there, and disconnected the ARC myself.

RwP

Will this plug work?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#50925k337/=x62y2n

Thread Size 3/8"-24
Maximum psi @ 72° F 7,500
Additional Specifications UN/UNF Hex-Head Plugs
Use with air, water, hydraulic oil
RoHS Not Compliant
Heavy duty forged or bar stock construction gives these little fittings a lot of might. Made of zinc-plated steel for corrosion resistance. Meet ASTM A108 or A576.

Connections: NPTF (Dryseal), which are compatible with NPT threads, or UN/UNF straight threads.

Plugs are hollow and have a Buna-N O-ring for a tight seal.

Will this plug work?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#50925k337/=x62y2n

Thread Size 3/8"-24
Maximum psi @ 72° F 7,500
Additional Specifications UN/UNF Hex-Head Plugs
Use with air, water, hydraulic oil
RoHS Not Compliant
Heavy duty forged or bar stock construction gives these little fittings a lot of might. Made of zinc-plated steel for corrosion resistance. Meet ASTM A108 or A576.

Connections: NPTF (Dryseal), which are compatible with NPT threads, or UN/UNF straight threads.

Plugs are hollow and have a Buna-N O-ring for a tight seal.

That looks like it would work to me.

Back