Engine oil cooler

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
Hello all. The shop doing my engine after the crank fracture informed me today that that they will not warrenty unless I supply another cooler(new or used) as they have concearns that it has metal in it(there was in pan & filter).Two question's- Does anybody within 2 hours of Peterborough have 1? & Does anyone know what else might fit? 4.6 in crown vic with police package & 4.2 V-6 in F150 will fit but coolant lines are at different angle.Might have to go this route ($275.00) but hard to tell if I can replumb without seeing it in car.I did try to visulize by looking at 1 of the other cars.Any suggestion's?

Last edited:
Anything from a 3.8 Windstar with trailer tow, or a 4.2L Freestar or F-150 should physically attach to the oil pump of your SC engine just fine. It's just a matter of getting the water connections to hook up as you have discovered ... some MacGyvering may be needed.

Good luck with it. Brian Pennell over near Orangeville may have some good used SC coolers, may be worth checking with him as well. brian2000 AT sympatico DOT ca

cheers
Ed

cooler

Thanks for the advice,I've sent off a coupe of e-mails to brian but no reply. Ordered 1 from Bill at super coupe performance, should be here this week. The machine shop thinks the passages are too small to flush or blow out.

Back