Reconfigured old exhaust

nickleman60

Being the cheapskate that I am I didn't want to fork over the money for a whole new exhaust so I cut up my old exhaust and "recycled" the magnaflow resonator, y-pipe and mufflers. I bought some universal 2.5" mandrel bent 45* & 90* bends and a buddy came over and welded it all up. Entire exhaust weighs 40 lbs. and sounds pretty good. The mufflers exit out in front of the rear wheels, I still need to put a hanger at the end of both mufflers and wrap some heat shield tape around a couple of things to complete.

Attachments

• new exhaust setup 005.JPG
    new exhaust setup 005.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 216
  • new exhaust setup 009.JPG
    new exhaust setup 009.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 236
  • new exhaust setup 010.JPG
    new exhaust setup 010.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 226
  • new exhaust setup 004.JPG
    new exhaust setup 004.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 206
  • new exhaust setup 007.JPG
    new exhaust setup 007.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Looks pretty simple....How do those brake lines look in person? They look like they may need attention in the picture...

Very nice looks kind of similar to how I ran my exhaust except I am putting and extra set of vband flanges after my cats and am making test tubes to change in and out. except I do not have a resonator.

Attachments

• IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 163
Everything's on and driveable, so far so good. New exhaust has some drone down low but I can live it. I'm going to try and hit the track either next weekend or the one after.

Do you really need to ask that question? You know where I'm going to go.

Well the 21st and 28th are points race days at the 1/8 mile at Hertford.
If you plan on going to the VMP 1/4 mile track on a Friday let me know, as my daughter has been chomping at the bit to do a 1/4 mile run with the new setup.

Well the 21st and 28th are points race days at the 1/8 mile at Hertford.
If you plan on going to the VMP 1/4 mile track on a Friday let me know, as my daughter has been chomping at the bit to do a 1/4 mile run with the new setup.

Looking at VMP's schedule they have something going on Friday the 20th so it looks like Friday the 27th will have to do.

Here is some video for some sound. 3rd and 4th run you can here it before the load cars start running.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gmrXWUTWDlU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keith, someone stole your gas tank:eek:

Ken

Ken,
On the 3rd run of that day I ran out of gas about the 1000' mark and the Mustang flew past me. I thought I had lost until I got the timeslip and the Mustang had red lighted 1/1000 of a sec. I bet he was pissed..............:D

On another note my shoulder's been healing since surgery on 2/20 so hopefully within another month I'll be able to get back to getting the new Whipple kit installation completed and up and running.

Back