AOD issues after rebuild

Rodolfo

Hi! My tranny was sliping and so I bought Gasket and seal kit, Friction kit, Steel kit, Bearing kit, AODE sun shell, Direct drum, Reverse drum with mechanical diode, 2 inch high energy overdrive band and torque convertor rebuid... Now on the garage, the guys are saying that the tranny is not changing 2->3 :eek:. 1-> is great! For them, it is caused by the missing accumulator/piston, bus once my AOD is a 91, one hole on the VB is empty, right?

My car is about 2 hours far from me, so I need to talk by phone. I´ll try to cover these possibilities:

1. check fluid level
2. check tv cable
3. check the valve body for for dirty or sticking valves
4. take everything apart and install again

Anything else??

Tks

I am very familiar with the AOD but can't understand for what it is you are asking. I am having difficulty following your email. I would like to help but need a clearer understanding of the nature of the concern.

I am very familiar with the AOD but can't understand for what it is you are asking. I am having difficulty following your email. I would like to help but need a clearer understanding of the nature of the concern.

After the rebuid, the tranny is only shifting 1st and 2nd gears. There is no 3rd gear...

Item 4.. Unless the tranny was assembled vertically, you/they probably pinched the bearing btwn the forward clutch hub and the forward clutch shell. Or.. something was installed wrong.

Back