Many things are "off" about that one.

Black belt is red
SC bumper
Incorrect tail lights
Incorrect floor mats
Removed black belt
No pinstripping

I question if it is a legit one or not.

Even the seats are not the SC seats along with the wood grain dash and the steering wheel... I remember that same car was listed on ebay about a year ago without the rear SC bumper cover; I flagged the listing and explained how he mislead in his description. I hate people trying to get over. I guess now with the rear bumper he's trying again...

Even the seats are not the SC seats along with the wood grain dash and the steering wheel... I remember that same car was listed on ebay about a year ago without the rear SC bumper cover; I flagged the listing and explained how he mislead in his description. I hate people trying to get over. I guess now with the rear bumper he's trying again...

maybe it's this one..

http://priceside.com/1993_Ford_Thunderbird_13162?p=8

read this also.........

http://bangshift.com/blog/the-top-11-worst-ever-special-edition-vehicles.html

Definitely not an SC unless you take liberty with the definition of "super".
It should rather be called a "Bill Elliot Thunderbird LX with added SC ground effects and lame LX seats".

Yep, that is the one LOL, without the Supercoupe body kit, I hope they kick him off again, it's sad how he has 11 bids

Just looked at the pics; on the rear left tail light he put V8 over the LX; The old pic has the LX and the new listing on ebay has a V8

What a Crook !!!

WOW just noticed another thing, he wrote Bill Elliot Super Coupe on the 2 front fenders, trunk lid and hood. That wasn't there on the older listing, now it makes me even question if it's and original Bill Elliot edition... he's just adding stuff as he goes....

I don't know if that's the same car razzi body kit vs sc body kit, different spoilers, seats, switch plates amongst other differences

I called him right now... its 3:07AM here. I got no answer... SHOCKING!

I too sent an email to eBay about this car. Maybe they'll do something about it.

I don't know what a Bill Elliot version of the SC is supposed to be, but this is not an SC. The VIN number clearly shows that this is an LX with the V8 eng. Here is a list of body styles and engine codes for 91 and up.

60 Base
62 LX
64 SC

4 3.8 normal
R 3.8 SC
T 5.0
W 4.6

A Super Coupe will have a VIN code of 64R. A 91&2 Sport is a 60T. An LX is a 624 with a non-SC 3.8; 62T with a 5.0 and a 62W with a 4.6.

What this car is, it's a LX with V8 and SC body kit.

The Bill Elliot edition was a 5.0 LX with the SC spoilers and whatnot. I dont think they every changed the tail lights. I dont see why this wouldnt be one. I also dont see why anyone would pay extra for it regardless!

From what I remember, and my memory is fading in my "old" age, the car in the first picture is legit and listed the same way it was marketed when new; it's just not a legit SC. I'd have to pull out some of my old Winston Cup Scene's from back in the day, but Bill Elliott Ford did make a run of I believe 50 LX's they referred to as "Bill Elliott Super Coupe's". They had swapped SC rear bumpers, added SC ground effects and special "Bill Elliott Super Coupe" and no. "11" markings. They also removed the factory LX moldings and painted over the black molding on the rear bumper, so the body lines looked somewhat uniform. They took a great bit of liberty marketing it as a "Super Coupe", since it isn't an SC at all, but that is how they did it. They ran an ad for the cars in the back of WCS, and being a huge Elliott fan who owned a tired out TC at the time, I REALLY wanted one...until I researched it and realized it wasn't a real SC. I'm sure it wasn't a stretch for someone to add SC wheels as I saw in one of the posted pics, but being actual LX's, they came with the 7 spoke 15's and the black trimmed taillights. The only one that I find a little odd is the one someone posted with the no. 94 on the hood. The car's are all 1993's; Bill ran the number 11 with Junior Johnson that year. He didn't run the number 94 until he went out on his own in 1995, but I'm sure it would be easy enough to cover over the 11.

There was also a "Bill Elliott Limited Edition" which I believe all Ford dealers could get in 1993. They supposedly made somewhere around 500 such cars. Those have the long white stripe down the side above the molding, ending in a copy of Bill Elliott's actual signature, and a plague on the center console between the shifter and the ashtray. Same basic car (5.0, LX) but without SC body parts, although some have aftermarket kits on them. These were direct from Ford and not just one dealer, and they were never advertised as a "Super Coupe". There were also Davey Allison editions of the same basic car, available in either black or white, and I've heard of Mark Martin Limited Editions being made, but I've never seen one.

DW

Attachments

• 1993tbirdsupercp062807.jpg
    1993tbirdsupercp062807.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 63
  • XPP8UWX8HKEKVSHKWZ.jpg
    XPP8UWX8HKEKVSHKWZ.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 64
  • W4I5DQONRYJ7JGVMMW.jpg
    W4I5DQONRYJ7JGVMMW.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 13111739.jpg
    13111739.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DaveyAllison2.jpg
    DaveyAllison2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
The Mark Martin edtions were made w the 96-97 LXs and were promo cars from Valvoline I beleive...its covered over on TCCoA in Detail.

Ward - you have earned shots at Carlisle from the MA-ADT for your tid bits of info!!!! :D

-Tim

Back