parking brake adjuster

Chris Ashford

Hi all,
I'm just about done getting a dormant 89 XR7 back on the road. Last part I need is the parking brake adjuster block (the block and short cable that connects to the 2 rear cables). The Fort p/n is D8B2 2B599 A, the part is of course discontinued from Ford and no luck find one around here or via internet. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ralph, Cables I have, my problem is the 'adjuster block' that connects the two together just behind the differential.

Thanks Ralph, Cables I have, my problem is the 'adjuster block' that connects the two together just behind the differential.

Oh - just the block? Dunno, but I'd bet that'd be the same amongst ALL of the MN12s/FN10s, and probably a whole batch of others.

It'd be worth checking it out with one from the boneyard.

RwP

Well haven't found a block but figured out a way to make it work. I cut the end of the spring loaded cable off, got rid of the spring, re-threaded the rod to 10m, 30 washers and 6 locking nuts later the parking brake 'works'. Now if the mechanic doesn't look to closely it should pass inspection :)

Grab yourself a new spring loaded cable (to replace that one), and let me know, and I'll see about grabbing one next time I'm in the boneyard.

I'm presuming they are all the same ... THAT part is probably one of Ford's "peanut" parts, used on almost everything of that vintage.

RwP

Back