Odd door chiming after mods,tune

275hptbirdsc

So I finished all my winter mods up and put a new battery in the car and everything was fine except that the door chimes all the time even with the doors shut and then after a few seconds it does a longer chime. I never got a chance to start it since I still have a few bugs to work out with my fuel pump. Could it be the computer since I took it out and put a QH chip in? Maybe somthing got unplugged while I was getting the computer out? Or is the chime normal( I havent driven the car since Aug of last year so maybe im just going crazy:eek: )

So I finished all my winter mods up and put a new battery in the car and everything was fine except that the door chimes all the time even with the doors shut and then after a few seconds it does a longer chime. I never got a chance to start it since I still have a few bugs to work out with my fuel pump. Could it be the computer since I took it out and put a QH chip in? Maybe somthing got unplugged while I was getting the computer out? Or is the chime normal( I havent driven the car since Aug of last year so maybe im just going crazy:eek: )

I know on the 95 when I took the airbag light bulb out of the instrument
cluster since that stuff is not hooked up, it caused constant chimes. What year is it?

chris

Well that not the problem them since it does not have airbags. If you want to you can just unplug the chime module. I have done that in my 91 and 92. It is located behind the glove box.

Yea i realize I could do that but its chiming for a reason

Mine was doing that same thing (93 SC) when the shoulder harness wasn't reaching the fully closed position, so it couldn't trip the limit switch that turns off the chime and dash light. I got tired of the chimes and shoulder belt malfunctions, and opened up the panel to manually operate the belts to the fully closed position. Then I unplugged the electric motor so they always stay in the closed position.

David

Last edited:
Back