PDA

View Full Version : Group purchase for 4 upper front and rear Glass trim 220.00 shiped

davec73
04-20-2012, 04:41 PM
I found 5 upper front and upper rear glass trim peices (black one piece trim that goes above the windshield and back glass that look horrible on most of these cars) and the guy who has them said he would sell me all five for 220 shiped apiece. The first four people who send 220 plus 3 % paypal fee to thunder71173@yahoo.com get in on this buy. Please contact me via pm but I have been looking for over a year for these and this appears to be the last five complete upper sets of these moldings left available.

davec73
04-21-2012, 12:37 PM
No one is interested in these two moldings? These things are in horrible shape on every car I have owned and are imposible to find. I found a ford parts guy who has five complete sets of the front and rear upper trim piece so i figured I would try to get as many of us together as I could to buy them i know his price is kind of high but i havnt been able to find these anywhere else in over a year. I tried to restore mine but you cant replace the small piece of rubber trim that goes between the trim piece and the glass. So just chime in if you want in if not I am going to order mine the first week of may.

ricardoa1
04-21-2012, 12:53 PM
You are saying three mouldings for $220 hard to read what you are getting...
YOu get the upper windshield and both top and bottom rears, Correct?

davec73
04-21-2012, 01:08 PM
You are saying three mouldings for $220 hard to read what you are getting...
YOu get the upper windshield and both top and bottom rears, Correct?

no you get the front upper and rear upper one piece molding. There are no more of the lower rear moldings available at any ford parts supplier in the US. The guy that I tracked down has five each of the front and rear and several more of just the front trim. He said if I purchased all five front and rear he would give me a 10 % discount because he would rather sell them all at once than deal with five or ten seperate orders and have to charge shipping for all of them so I have included shipping in the 220.00 price. If you want to pay me as payment owed that is fine and I gaurantee there wont be a problem getting your parts its just 3% of 880.00 dollars tootal I dont want to eat.

Toms-SC
04-21-2012, 01:19 PM
$220 for 2 pieces incl/ shipping is priced right. Some folks should be hopping on this.

davec73
04-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Im pretty happy with the way the rest of may car looks and I look at these moldings and just cringe because it makes everything that looks decent on the car look like crap! If you are lucky enough to have good ones and you have alot of money in your car they will eventually end up looking like mine and this is the last five sets of these that I have been able to find in the us and I have searched for over a year to find them.

XR7 Dave
04-21-2012, 02:49 PM
I would like one set.

davec73
04-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Got yours down Dave three more available! Also pm me your adress when you get a chance and i need prices for a set of scorpions, rods for a 595 584 lift cam quarter horse with Binery editor and arp studs if youve got em

VicRattlehead
04-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Wow these are worth this much? I got the set of three in wrappers in the garage. Hmm

XR7 Dave
04-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow these are worth this much? I got the set of three in wrappers in the garage. Hmm

It's not what they are worth, it's just that they only last about 7-8 years before they fall apart from the sun, and you simply can't buy them anymore.

davec73
04-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Wow these are worth this much? I got the set of three in wrappers in the garage. HmmIf you have a set of three ours are worth more, no one has the new lower one available period. My car stays in the garage so that should make them last for the rest of the life of the car the ones I have on my car now look horrible!

davec73
04-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Two more left guys
1. me
2. Dave
3. Kurt K

tchicken
04-22-2012, 10:00 AM
. . . pm sent . . .

CharlieB
04-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Dave,

I'll take one of the last 2 sets.

Charlie

davec73
04-22-2012, 10:44 AM
. . . pm sent . . .

One more left guys
1. me
2. Dave
3. Kurt K
4. Tchicken
next to reply gets the last set available so if you are on the fence????!!!

CharlieB
04-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Dave,

Funds sent for the last set.

Thanks

Charlie

davec73
04-22-2012, 11:16 AM
All sets are spoken for
1. Me PAID
2. Dave
3. Kurt K
4. TchickenPAID
5.CharlieB PAID

I will call him and order as soon as get payment

VicRattlehead
04-22-2012, 03:47 PM
If you have a set of three ours are worth more, no one has the new lower one available period.
lol not exactly, for the right price I'd sell all three pieces. All nos in the wrappers never used

David Neibert
04-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Dang..how did I miss this !

I actually need one of the upper rear window trim pieces for my 93 SC. If anyone changes their mind, I'll take a set.

David

Kurt K
04-24-2012, 09:28 AM
I will be paying on Wednesday when I meet Dave for lunch.

davec73
04-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all of your participation in this venture guys. After I meet up w kurt tomorrow I am going to call and order them they will all beshipped to me and I will get tracking info out to all of you!

David

David Neibert
04-26-2012, 01:42 PM
lol not exactly, for the right price I'd sell all three pieces. All nos in the wrappers never used

Keith,

What price would that be ? BTW, I only need the upper rear trim.

David

davec73
04-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Order has been filled and should be to me by next week sometime. He did have me sweating bullets for a while and my rear trim piece has a little damage but rest assured guys the new moldings are on the way!

Rodeo Joe
04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Keith,

David
I'll take the lower! :p

Joe

rbrown
04-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Keith,

David

x2 Except I could use all 3.

davec73
04-28-2012, 01:37 AM
x2 Except I could use all 3.

I can still get the front if you need one but the upper and lower rear are gone.

sc4u2nv
04-28-2012, 02:06 AM
Damn, i could use front and rear uppers

Sxar
04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
When I bought them about 6 or 7 years ago, they were about $45 each. Roughly double the cost for the last five sets seems like good deal. Although it does tempt me to put one of the two sets (including lower) I have in the 'for sale' forum. :D

rbrown
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
When I bought them about 6 or 7 years ago, they were about $45 each. Roughly double the cost for the last five sets seems like good deal. Although it does tempt me to put one of the two sets (including lower) I have in the 'for sale' forum. :D

Errrr. Let me know. ;)

Toms-SC
04-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Anybody have an idea as to who produces the trim pieces?

davec73
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Anybody have an idea as to who produces the trim pieces?

They where made by fomoco in Canada

davec73
05-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Guys the trim peices are at my house! I have all five fronts and rears but the rear moldings are very fradgile and a couple of them have little bends on the inside but all in all they are in new condition and all came in the origional Ford packaging. I am taking Dave D and Kurts up to Stl but Charlie B and tchicken I will be shipping yours out on friday. I have pulled them all out and inspected them and now I am going to re pack them all in alot of Bubble wrap and try to find some tubes or really heavy boxes to pack them in. Please pm me with any further questions
David

davec73
05-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Well I have the trim on my car,Dave and Kurt's are packed up ready to go to stl and charles and tchickens are packed up ready to ship! My rear tream peace was bent in quite a few places but I was able to straighten it fairly easily and the two sets I am shipping I am going to insure for the full value that we paid for them through usps so if theey get damaged beyond repair they will be covered. Here are some pics of mine installed.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/thunder71173/trim.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/thunder71173/trim2.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/thunder71173/trim3.jpg

89XR7TD
05-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Did you have to apply adhesive also? Or do they clip in those little clips? My car didnt have front or both rears when I bought...:mad:

Tom

davec73
05-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Did you have to apply adhesive also? Or do they clip in those little clips? My car didnt have front or both rears when I bought...:mad:

Tom

They clip in but unless somone has them tucked away in the garge or you happen to find a good used set there are no more rear ones left, I can still get new front moldings

tchicken
05-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Dave,

Trim pieces arrived today and look great. Nice packaging job = no shipping damage. Thanks for getting some of us in on a buy for some hard to find parts.

Horn

davec73
05-14-2012, 09:30 PM
good deal horn still waiting to here from charlie but im glad to hear yours made it in good shape

Kurt K
05-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I met Dave for lunch yesterday and he delivered my pieces, as well as Dave's. I wonder what I should charge for a stocking fee?;) I think Chris Wise's policy is if it is in his garage for more than 3 months, it becomes his. :D

rbrown
05-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I met Dave for lunch yesterday and he delivered my pieces, as well as Dave's. I wonder what I should charge for a stocking fee?;) I think Chris Wise's policy is if it is in his garage for more than 3 months, it becomes his. :D

Like finding money in a parking lot, do you look for the owner?

lol

davec73
05-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Hey I just did what I was asked to do! lolol hope you guys are all happy with your trim i love trim!

Lee Billing
06-13-2012, 11:18 PM
I love trim too, how much for a front one shipped to 48135.

davec73
06-13-2012, 11:47 PM

I will call and check tomorrow

David Neibert
06-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Dave,

I still need the rear window upper trim for my 93 SC, so if you run across anymore please let me know.

David

PS: Vic Rattlehead (aka Keith Deluca) isn't responding to my PMs, so I don't think he wants to sell his.

davec73
06-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Dave,

I still need the rear window upper trim for my 93 SC, so if you run across anymore please let me know.

David

PS: Vic Rattlehead (aka Keith Deluca) isn't responding to my PMs, so I don't think he wants to sell his.

There are no rear ones left anywhere in the US David my supplier does have 50+ front trim pieces and I had thought that you might be able to re shape it like the rear but I will have to try my old ones to see.

davec73
06-14-2012, 04:21 PM

135 shipped for the front trim piece Lee

Lee Billing
06-14-2012, 07:59 PM
cool thanks.

David Neibert
07-31-2012, 11:29 AM
They clip in but unless somone has them tucked away in the garge or you happen to find a good used set there are no more rear ones left, I can still get new front moldings

Dave,

I've got the new upper rear trim, just a little fuzzy on how to remove the old one. What do I need to use to get it off the clips, do I just get something to pry it off or is there a special way it comes off and on ?

David

davec73
07-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Dave,

I've got the new upper rear trim, just a little fuzzy on how to remove the old one. What do I need to use to get it off the clips, do I just get something to pry it off or is there a special way it comes off and on ?

David

David I sent you a text earlier but dont know if you got it I will give you a call in a few.

David Neibert
07-31-2012, 08:03 PM
David I sent you a text earlier but dont know if you got it I will give you a call in a few.

Dave

I got the text messages. I was getting a haircut, and couldn't answer. Thanks for the info.

David

davec73
07-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Dave

I got the text messages. I was getting a haircut, and couldn't answer. Thanks for the info.

David

Be glad to help you with it David just give me a call if you need anything

scskydivin
07-31-2012, 10:32 PM
I can still get new front moldings

Is this still a true statement? Price?

davec73
07-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Is this still a true statement? Price?

Yeah I can still get the front one but it is more expensive when ordered by itself just let me know and I will call

scskydivin
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Yeah I can still get the front one but it is more expensive when ordered by itself just let me know and I will call

Yeah, sure. Let me know. I know drug my feet but, would love a rear one too. I did find the rear part # and matched it at an online supplier for around $50. Not sure if it's a good piece though.

davec73
08-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah, sure. Let me know. I know drug my feet but, would love a rear one too. I did find the rear part # and matched it at an online supplier for around $50. Not sure if it's a good piece though.

If you order it they will refund your money in a day or two, as far as I know Lee Billing who works for Ford and I found the last supply of the rear upper moldings left in the US. I'm not saying there arnt more out there on a dusty part room shelf somwhere but its highly unlikely because they are so fragile I'm sure tons of them were chucked because of bieng damaged during shipping. The ones I found were 100 + from Ford but like I said I know for sure that I can get the front one just have to call and see how much for one

rlittlep
08-10-2012, 08:21 PM
WOW!
I have a "set" of uppers and Lowers In the FoMoCo Dealer plastic wraps{Rear Window} Maybe I should sell?

davec73
08-10-2012, 08:29 PM
WOW!
I have a "set" of uppers and Lowers In the FoMoCo Dealer plastic wraps{Rear Window} Maybe I should sell?

If you have the lower rear window trim I would like to buy it if the price is right. SC skydivin also needs the front and rear upper if you have them they will sell. The price on these new was around 35 bucks apiece but they are all gone, so as a club member I would hope you wouldnt try to make a killing off of them like the Ford dealer I bought these through. I had to buy all of the rear and front to match or the price individually would have been 20% higher. Let me know

David

scskydivin
08-10-2012, 11:50 PM
If you have the lower rear window trim I would like to buy it if the price is right. SC skydivin also needs the front and rear upper if you have them they will sell. The price on these new was around 35 bucks apiece but they are all gone, so as a club member I would hope you wouldnt try to make a killing off of them like the Ford dealer I bought these through. I had to buy all of the rear and front to match or the price individually would have been 20% higher. Let me know

David

^^I like this post^^

rlittlep
08-11-2012, 09:17 AM
I them Bought from a Dealer..So you know what they cost.... Not going to try to kill anyone but I will want what I paid for them.....+shipping..Only have 1-set{Rear window upper and Lower} I don't want to Hijack this tread, so watch for them in the for sale section, along w/the other parts I will be selling..

rlittlep
08-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Dave,

David

There is a special hook tool, that you can buy cheap, they pop right off with it..