Workd on the SC Saturday

BirdofPrey97

3 of us got together and started on the car about 9:30am when it pulled into the garage.

Front suspension, upper lower control arms, inner outer tie rods, 4 shocks, springs, clutch, pressure plate, rear diff, rear main seal, transmission and a few smaller items.

Pulled the rear diff, because I thought it was going to get swapped with my Mark diff, but it ended up not being ready, which requires more work this coming weekend to get it swapped.

Pulled the exhaust(all one piece), tank and driveshaft. Replaced the rear LCAs with Mark VIIIs. A couple of the stock bolts from the SC LCA on the driver side took over an hour to get out. That was with the use of a bearing puller. Rusty only those 2 were. Very strange as the car isn't rusty. Moisture in the bushings somehow?

After they came out put rear shocks, springs and LCAs on and started with the Transmission, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and rear main replacments. Everything went pretty good, but it was getting late by this time 11pm. I didnt realize the McLeod flywheel required 99-04 mustang bolts, didnt have those, so the stock flywheel went back on and the transmission had to have the slave swapped out as the other had actually gotten hurt during storage and moving around 3 times since purchasing along with the speedo gear.

At 12 midnight I backed the car out of the garage with everything back together and under it's own power.

Really owe a huge Thank you!!! to my friends that are as almost my brothers have been been for over 30 years now. We got it in and made adjustments and got it done.

Didnt get a few things done on the list, but they can be taken care of here at home and have to wait for the diff to get finished up, but for one day we accomplished plenty.

Drove the 2 hours home today and smiled the entire way. Won't be able to race next weekend as planned, but the car will come home with me. It will be very nice to have a complete SC up and going to just enjoy for a few years, before the rebuilt engine is done.

Awsome man glad you got her back on the road, those bolts can be a real pain thats why I swapped ou the entire sub lol

Back