Port and polish

try2v8

Whats the average time it takes to port and polish 2 sc heads. Guy charges by the hour trying to get a rough estimate to set aside

Wow

He is gasket matching only the intake and doing nothonh yo exhaust per my request. Does that make a differance.

???

i have heard 500 to 1500 guess ill jusst have to see. i originally took them in for a valve job( bigger valves) $250 and decided to get them gasket matched\ported as well

i have heard 500 to 1500 guess ill jusst have to see. i originally took them in for a valve job( bigger valves) $250 and decided to get them gasket matched\ported as well

For $1500 you can get Dalke to put you together a set of big valve, ported/polished heads that will support as much HP as you can throw at them.

I bought the valves and cam from him. Just forgot the heads needed to be mechined . Topk it to a reputable guy her in town. Just no price quoye fir gasket matching

a good port and polish job costs about 700 bucks. mine were 500 bucks but I know the guy personally and he cut me a deal. the machine work is expensive. it was 100 to hot tank and resurface. 380 for the new guides and seats. another 200 for the valve springs. 100ish for the valves.

so figure 13-1500 for race heads. not including the head gaskets, head studs, etc..

don't go for the cheapest guy in town to port your heads. chances are he's cheap for a reason. quality costs money. having a guy that KNOWS what he's doing and has been doing it for a long time is key.

The guy who is doing them has been doing them for years for the compmany I work for. He is retired and does it on the side I found out.

i had my heads redone, conditioned the valves, check spring rates, decked, pressure checked, P & P, and bench tested for $500.:cool:

Home ported I got 225 186.

They were tested 4 times in cuts at 500 lift.

Intake backed off to 216 and stayed thru 600. Exhaust keep moving in small increments to about 194 at 600.

20 plus hrs., the right bits and a compressor that kept coming.

Testing, machining and valve work $400.00. (includes new spring perch)

I would suggest a minimum of $1200.00 that probably moves towards $1800.00 for someone to put in the time, expertise and equipment to pull numbers.

Paul

Back