engine parts are at the machine shop

90sc35thann

I dropped off all of my engine parts to the machine shop today. I am more nervous than usual. I moved 4 years ago and I am using a machine shop that I have never used in the past. I am nervous as hell and now the waiting begins. I am know you have all been there. This is the worst part of this entire process. WAITING, UGH!

This is what i am getting done from the machine shop

Deck the block just to clean it up a bit and square it to the mains
Bore .020 over
new cam bearings

Rebuild the heads - guides, valve job, etc.
new valve springs and spring cups to accommodate my new cam
resurface the heads

It'll be fine...

There, did that help? :p

Hope you get good results and get to enjoy the car again soon!

I dropped off all of my engine parts to the machine shop today. I am more nervous than usual. I moved 4 years ago and I am using a machine shop that I have never used in the past. I am nervous as hell and now the waiting begins. I am know you have all been there. This is the worst part of this entire process. WAITING, UGH!

This is what i am getting done from the machine shop

Deck the block just to clean it up a bit and square it to the mains
Bore .020 over
new cam bearings

Rebuild the heads - guides, valve job, etc.
new valve springs and spring cups to accommodate my new cam
resurface the heads

What about balancing the crank/rotating assembly ?

David

I am going to balance the rod and piston assmblies myself. I had no plans on balancing the crank/rotating assembly. I don't plan on twisting it up beyond 5500. Would it be beneficial to have the stock rotating assembly balanced for an upper 200to low 300 HP application? My last sc had a little over 300 HP and the stock rotating assembly never wavered. I have been away a while so let me know if it is recommended to pay attention to balancing of the rotating assembly.

Back