starting problem 89 5 speed wired issues

BECERRASC

hi guys.... trying to figure this car out but no luck...

here is the wired thing when the ignition switch is open the fan turns on & the fuel pump does not stop it keeps going and going.....

the car cranks but it won't start.... i got it started with starting fluid (i know not good) so i got it running and stays running if a try a WOT dies.... so i got it running and try to get some codes but the scanner says vehicle not responding?
i have checked the fuel pressure is 39.00 ignition on not running but remember that the fuel pump is working all the time.... so if kill the ignition switch the psi drops to 35 and stays there....

i have the fuel filter changed & plugs

swap a ignition coil from an other car still nothing

swap a ircm fro an other car.... nothing

does any one have had this before....:confused:

i can't get any codes.... check engine light is on when running if a rev the engine slowly.... a lot of black smoke .....

i am thinking the eec is bad.... but not sure any one that has any ideas of what it coyld be??

swap the ignition switch out.

Probably have to do the plugs or at least pull them and let the gas evap and take a lighter to the plugs to burn the fuel off of them. Clean them up and reinstall and hopefully they are not fowled.

yes

well no the only upgrade is the 95 sc blower but have this for over a year and the 45 angle cats are removed....

Not to insult by any means, but are you sure you're using the code scanner properly? (key in on position, engine running, etc). I've not had an EEC go bad before, but it does happen.

Assuming the EEC is good, the codes should tell, but I wonder if the DIS may be flaking out on you. Or maybe the mafs? Just a couple of guesses without any codes :eek:

scanners

i have 3 different scanners and all 3 same thing

the maf it's clean and was interchanged from a good running car and still the same

what it throw's me out is the i can't start the engine from the ignition key it keeps turning but it won't start but if i put starting fluid in the maf starts right up.... and stays running if i try wot it dies if i accelerate slowly ... it' fine except the black smoke in the back...

turn the key on ant the fan turns on the the fuel pump does not stop working????

Have you tried a different Cam Sensor...I've had similar issues when they go bad. Just a thought.

-Tim

Have you messed with the PCM ? If it isnt plugged in all the way or there is a bent pin it will run the fan when you turn the key to run, same thing like shorting the test port for the code reader.

- Dan

been there..

I had that exact problem a while back. I replaced the ignition switch and starter solenoid. That fixed my problem. Maybe it will fix yours. I remeber that if you disconnect the extra ground wire that is on the battery cable, the fan would turn off. So if that happens with you then try what I did. Keep us posted.

-Fernando

updated

I had that exact problem a while back. I replaced the ignition switch and starter solenoid. That fixed my problem. Maybe it will fix yours. I remeber that if you disconnect the extra ground wire that is on the battery cable, the fan would turn off. So if that happens with you then try what I did. Keep us posted.

-Fernando

NO LUCK

I have tried the following things one by one to identify the issue if found but nope... still in the same page...:confused:

ignition module
cam sensor
ignition switch
air flow sensor
coil pack
ircm

now owner just told me that after all day driving at a gas station after fill up it didn't turn... so they mess with the safety switch.... nothing they he towed to a garage and slap a new starter then the car could turn over from the ignition key but it wont start...my question is this does the wires from the starter can mess and give this issue??? after this history i am thinking abot the wires for the safety switch or the starter any one have a different tough....

Have you messed with the PCM ? If it isnt plugged in all the way or there is a bent pin it will run the fan when you turn the key to run, same thing like shorting the test port for the code reader.

- Dan

nope haven't pulled out yet.... looks like it hasn't been removed still has all the tapes with the black sponge all over....;)

Back